Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dplarson

Time to remove Roku from home

Jump to solution

Not having Spectrum app defeats my purpose in having the Roku… I’m really upset about this total disregard for their customer base.  Going on 7 months and they can’t get this resolved.  They are about a efficient as the people in Washington.  I guess my Roku has got to go!!!!

0 Kudos

Re: Spectrum TV app not found on onn Roku TV.

Jump to solution

Nope. Still not resolved, and it's now june 2021. 

Scv4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been a faithful happy Roku customer, with 2 Roku TVs and 3 box’s . I am pissed about the spectrum channel. I have paid to buy the Roku devices and me not being able to use the spectrum app shows that Roku does not care about there customer and only care about there bottom line. I was unhappy about there HBO max debacle but this may be the last straw for me and Roku. I’m giving it another few weeks then I will replace all of my Roku devices and nothing they could do after would ever get me back.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Scv4 wrote:

I have been a faithful happy Roku customer, with 2 Roku TVs and 3 box’s . I am pissed about the spectrum channel. I have paid to buy the Roku devices and me not being able to use the spectrum app shows that Roku does not care about there customer and only care about there bottom line. I was unhappy about there HBO max debacle but this may be the last straw for me and Roku. I’m giving it another few weeks then I will replace all of my Roku devices and nothing they could do after would ever get me back.

You should have better informed yourself about the Spectrum app availability - the well-publicized dispute has been ongoing for over 7 months now since mid-December of last year, so thats on you if you bought your Roku devices after that expecting Spectrum app usage.

You should also be aware of the Spectrum app availability on other platforms (its pretty poor overall):

https://www.spectrum.com/apps/spectrum-tv-app

You should also implement a multiplatform streaming strategy (for app carriage/compatibility/carriage/update/UI differences, such as with Spectrum), and should keep your Rokus around for that purpose.

0 Kudos
Scv4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve  been well aware of how long this has been going on as I have been with Roku for 7 years and have promoted Roku to a lot of people and several have bought in. That was because I believe they have the best interface. I had the app on all of my devices and now it’s gone…. I did not uninstall it on any of my Rokus and now it’s gone,So for everyone who has it watch out, it could disappear. I never complained about the HBO max impasse. Roku started out as device manufacturer and now are using there status as the number one to grab more of the pot. Don’t get me wrong I’m not happy with spectrum either. I still think there hardware and interface are the best but that only goes so fare.

I agree that I might need multiple streamers, but the point is I shouldn’t have to.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Scv4 wrote:

I’ve  been well aware of how long this has been going on as I have been with Roku for 7 years and have promoted Roku to a lot of people and several have bought in. That was because I believe they have the best interface. I had the app on all of my devices and now it’s gone…. I did not uninstall it on any of my Rokus and now it’s gone,So for everyone who has it watch out, it could disappear. I never complained about the HBO max impasse. Roku started out as device manufacturer and now are using there status as the number one to grab more of the pot. Don’t get me wrong I’m not happy with spectrum either. I still think there hardware and interface are the best but that only goes so fare.

I agree that I might need multiple streamers, but the point is I shouldn’t have to.

If you had the app and used it prior to mid-December and have had continuous TV service on the same account since the onset of the dispute and accidentally removed/deleted the app (or it somehow otherwise disappeared), you can contact Spectrum and they will provide you with a link+code to the developer version download.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Scv4 wrote:

While that's a valid position, it unfortunately simply isn't the case at this time. There is no perfect streaming device, as every single one has something that isn't covered. While I make do just fine with only two (Roku and Shield), I also have Smart TVs, Blu Ray players, and the Onn 4K Streaming player, so I should have about everything covered. I think the TV apps are less then stellar, so I don't bother with them. Roku and Shield has me covered for everything I need a streamer for. But as good as the Shield is, I still need Roku to cover its shortfalls. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SuperSi

Jump to solution

Just had the same issue (and its May 2022) - was on with spectrum and they said it would be on Roku.  Also have a new set-top Roku box and its not there either.  Also can't find it on an Insignia Roku tv.  What is up? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SuperSi, can you add it from here?

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/99564b2547ed970e603a8a2624804263/spectrum-tv

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SuperSi

Jump to solution

No.  It doesn't show up there.  I am in Canada now but will try again when back in US location.  But i did go there in US site and same result.  Thanks.

0 Kudos