Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MauiJames

Re: Spectrum TV app not found on onn Roku TV.

Jump to solution

Dec 15 2020 -- SpectrumTV app disappeared from one of my Rokus and I couldn't find it in the channel store. My other Rokus still have the app. Hope it doesn't start disappearing from those.

From Spectrum's website:

Despite our best efforts to reach an agreement, Roku has not accepted Spectrum's offer to continue our contract, which allowed customers to access the Spectrum TV app from Roku devices.

This change may prevent new downloads of the Spectrum TV app to your Roku device, but you can still access your full video library by downloading the Spectrum TV app to your Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox, smartphone or tablet.

If you already use the Spectrum TV app on Roku, your service shouldn’t be affected.

Be sure not to uninstall the app, but you can still add devices by signing in to your current account.

If you’re new to Roku, or if you have not yet downloaded the app, you can still access Spectrum programming on another device, or use your smartphone or laptop to screen mirror Spectrum content to your Roku TV. Find out about using Apple AirPlay or HomeKit to cast or steam content. Get details on screen mirroring from your Android device.

Find out more about using the Spectrum TV app, or get help to troubleshoot common concerns.

jimmyjames8
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If Spectrum is not going to be available on Roku, I need to send 3 Roku boxes back for refund.  Woke up this a.m. and one of our Ultra LT boxes was missing Spectrum after watching it last night.  Search turned up nothing.  I removed power to TV and Roku box for 20-30 seconds and powered back up and the app was there.  This is very troubling and Roku needs to do the right thing here in regards to Spectrum.

Jump to solution

Agreed. This fighting between providers at the customer's expense needs to stop. All the 'great' Roku deals found on Black Friday are absolutely WORTHLESS at this point.

Roku, get off your high horse and MAKE THIS RIGHT.

Ironman42

Jump to solution

Well you're wrong about the spectrum App. It's a great product and one of the only left reasonably priced options available. Most importantly you get all local channels. Is there any way to manually download and install the app if you already have it on another Roku Device?

Toby13

Jump to solution

I had the Spectrum app on my TV 2 days ago and it just disappeared. I did not delete the app! I have read all of the comments below and agree Roku needs to sign the agreement or I’m out! That was the only reason I bought the thing.

sreisinger1983
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same! I bought it literally only for the reason of having the Spectrum app and now they are literally just paper weights. Other streaming devices are much better interface but I bought these because I could essentially use them as cable boxes. Bought 5 in total to place on all my smart tv’s and now they just have the apps that my smart tv already has. Pointless. 

sreisinger1983
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You cannot add the app via the website because they have deleted the app due to contract negotiations falling through. So now customers are forced to wait while they iron out a deal. Which there is no end in site to a deal in accordance to both sides. 

MHJ

Jump to solution

Installed my Roku Ultra this morning and added all of my apps, Netflix, HBO, Hulu, etc. Went to add the Spectrum app, (which is the main reason that I bought the Roku) and found out it's not available anymore! Tried to call Roku for support, but they aren't offering phone support anymore due to Covid -19. Hmmm, other companies seem to have figured the support thing out. Why not Roku? Guess I will return it and buy an AppleTV. So incredibly disappointing.

BigK

Jump to solution

If Roku’s corporate strategy is provider nuclear war why would any of us remain customers? 

TMike

Jump to solution

Does anyone know what the sticking point(s) is with the contract negotiation?