Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cycleass

Spectrum TV app not found on onn Roku TV.

Jump to solution

I've searched on the Roku TV "nothing found" searched spectrum, they have a video showing how to search but still "Nothing found" I've added the channel from my phone in the channel store, turned off the TV, nothing. I've unplugged the TV, nothing, I've accessed the channel store, nothing!  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum TV app not found on onn Roku TV.

Jump to solution

You can add a channel via the web site, but if it's not supported by a particular device it won't appear on the home screen. Since it's not appearing, that's the likely reason.

From everything I've seen here about the Spectrum channel, you aren't missing anything. It sounds like a terribly written channel.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

60 REPLIES 60
atc98092

Jump to solution

You can add a channel via the web site, but if it's not supported by a particular device it won't appear on the home screen. Since it's not appearing, that's the likely reason.

From everything I've seen here about the Spectrum channel, you aren't missing anything. It sounds like a terribly written channel.

Dan

sreisinger1983
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the app on the roku, deleted the app to change it to a new account at a new residence and now the app is not available in the same region/zip code anymore? Red error code reads: "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." I literally was just watching it and deleted it to allow me to view all the channels on the home network and now I can't even find the app. I tried to add it on the website and this is the error that it continues to give me.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@sreisinger1983 wrote:

I had the app on the roku, deleted the app to change it to a new account at a new residence and now the app is not available in the same region/zip code anymore? Red error code reads: "The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region." I literally was just watching it and deleted it to allow me to view all the channels on the home network and now I can't even find the app. I tried to add it on the website and this is the error that it continues to give me.

You'll have to ask Spectrum. They have the only control over where their channel is available on Roku devices. Roku themselves have no control of it, and cannot override the developer settings. 

Dan

0 Kudos
sreisinger1983
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Copy that. Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos
Asreed14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. Is it just not in the onn Ruku TV? Can. Anyone answer this question

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Asreed14 wrote:

Having the same issue. Is it just not in the onn Ruku TV? Can. Anyone answer this question

Already answered above. If Spectrum didn't list the Onn TV as supported in their channel coding, you can't add it. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Asreed14
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just spoke with Spectrum. The contract with Ruku ended today and has not been renewed yet. The Spectrum TV has been removed from the app store on Ruku products at this time. If you have a RUku device with Spectrum TV don't delete it. It continue to will work as long as you have it downloaded before today. Hopefully they renew this contract because we just got these TVs with the black friday sales and need to be able to connect to Spectrum TV.

atc98092

Jump to solution

@Asreed14 wrote:

Just spoke with Spectrum. The contract with Ruku ended today and has not been renewed yet. The Spectrum TV has been removed from the app store on Ruku products at this time. If you have a RUku device with Spectrum TV don't delete it. It continue to will work as long as you have it downloaded before today. Hopefully they renew this contract because we just got these TVs with the black friday sales and need to be able to connect to Spectrum TV.

Great information, thanks. Hopefully for you all it's just a paperwork exercise and they resolve it first thing Monday. 

Dan

sreisinger1983
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the information! I hope they actually sign back on as well. I literally went out a few months ago and bought 5 roku devices to put on my TV’s because we used there app for the tv so we don’t have to pay extra for the cable boxes. Unfortunately I’m only getting channels you would get if you were not connected to your home network. I only deleted it from one of the devices but hoping they resign with Roku. Thank you again for the info!

0 Kudos