Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caponeduke
Level 7

Spectrum TV 'Cannot be purchased on Roku at this time.

This app was working fine until around 5pm yesterday. Spectrum was contacted and they do not know of any issue. The app is already downloaded on all my devices. I get this message on each device. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum TV 'Cannot be purchased on Roku at this time.

@caponeduke wrote:

This app was working fine until around 5pm yesterday. Spectrum was contacted and they do not know of any issue. The app is already downloaded on all my devices. I get this message on each device. 

You want to avoid removing the app if at all possible. Normally, removing the app, rebooting the Roku, then reinstalling the app solves lots of issues. But you don't want to do that because the Spectrum contract with Roku is up and there's no renewal on the horizon.

Try unplugging the Roku, then restarting your network. After your network is back up, start the Roku and see how things go.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Taprilena
Level 7

Have you had any luck with this mines went out mid August and hasn’t worked since I am getting the same message 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Taprilena 

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Try reinstalling the Spectrum TV app:

1) Remove the Spectrum TV app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the Spectrum TV app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Otherwise, contact Spectrum CS about this:

https://www.spectrum.com/contact-spectrum

Idontknow123
Level 7

Same here started days ago. Won’t remove because I can’t get it back one I don’t have a box and now it’s football Sunday and can’t watch football. Spectrum store is closed. So sick of spectrum 

0 Kudos