Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brennus390
Level 7

Spectrum TV App

Installed Spectrum TV app on Roku Express but when I open it, it opens for about 10 seconds, then closes. There's no login screen. I've tried removing the app and re-adding it but get the same result.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Spectrum TV App

Try removing the app, rebooting the Roku, and adding the app again.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
brennus390
Level 7

I've tried that several times. I've removed the app, unplugged the roku for 5 minutes, re-installed the app -- no change, there's no opportunity to login, it just crashes.
0 Kudos
optikhog
Level 7

"brennus390" wrote:
I've tried that several times. I've removed the app, unplugged the roku for 5 minutes, re-installed the app -- no change, there's no opportunity to login, it just crashes.

There is no login for this app - it is set up to look at your cable modem to confirm that you are an actual customer and then take you straight in. I have found this to be a bit flaky in execution.

I've seen this off and on - a call to Spectrum fixed the issue last time. I don't know specifically what the tech did, but he put me on hold for a few minutes and then asked me to try again and it worked.
0 Kudos
steelersrule
Level 7

"optikhog" wrote:
"brennus390" wrote:

There is no login for this app - it is set up to look at your cable modem to confirm that you are an actual customer and then take you straight in. I have found this to be a bit flaky in execution.

I've seen this off and on - a call to Spectrum fixed the issue last time. I don't know specifically what the tech did, but he put me on hold for a few minutes and then asked me to try again and it worked.

Spectrum must have changed the way it worked then.  With the app on my ROKU's, although it has worked fine for a long time now, you must sign in with your username and password, as you would if you were using Spectrum's online website, to view your bill, etc...
0 Kudos

I have spectrum internet and the app only goes to a blue spectrum screen and then routes back to the roku home screen. I can never log in. Have you found a fix for this?
0 Kudos