Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Spectrum-Roku contract

Not sure if this is the right place, but let me give it a chance. I have multiple TV sets that have ROKU capabilities built in. Well, as some of you may know there is some type of dispute between spectrum cable and roku which has resulted in users like me being unable to access and or install the spectrum streaming channels. I pay lots of $$ to spectrum and have paid to have Roku on my TV sets. Why are we being held hostage like HBOMas was until recently. Does anyone know the issues or is it all about money...we need some action here, should the government or the congress be informed to get this resolved? Thoughts?

9 Replies
Level 8

Re: Spectrum-Roku contract

I totally agree, someone should do something about this! I too have a Spectrun TV streaming package, and I don't want to have to spend more money on another streaming device. I have been a loyal ROKU user since 2016. I bought a ROKU because of it's versatility. ROKU needs to step up and do what's right. I just pray that I don't have to Uninstaller the app!

Level 7

I just sent this note to Roku support. Let’s see what happens.

“Dear Sirs, I am a strong supporter of the Roku system of watching TV. At last count I have 6 TCL TV’s with the premier ROKU system. I also pay spectrum over $200 per month in cable and internet bills. Last weekend I thought I was having wi the accessing my Spectrum Channel, so I did what most would do, delete and reload the channel...and guess what, it wouldn’t reinstall. So I did a little research and see there is a dispute between roku and spectrum. And what happens, the channel goes away and we the customer suffers. Your dispute with spectrum results in me being disadvantaged and makes me feel I am being used as a pawn in your dispute.

We need this resolved...if you have a dispute with spectrum, fight it out with them. Don’t make me collateral damage. This practice will only lead to distrust and resentment on the purchases that we are making. Please don’t be a Scrooge at Christmas time where families and other are buying new sets with the hope of seeing local and cable.”

Level 9

@Puzzled3 

You nailed it. I recently had a faulty Roku ultra replaced by Roku. Only after having to fight to get them to honor their warranty. The reconditioned not new player they sent me started buffering on the spectrum app. All other apps were good so I did what you did. I removed the app and you know the rest of the story. All ten of my rokus no longer have access to the spectrum app. I will be filing with the BBB, Consumer affairs and California’s Atty General. This is BS. And like you said right at Christmas time in the midst of a virus that keeps most indoors. And of course Roku has made it impossible to get any support for this issue. May their greed make them poor.

Level 7

File a complaint with FCC.  I did and named Roku and Spectrum.  Spectrum has reached out to me but Roku has not.  I have received an email from FCC stating they have 30 days to respond to the FCC.

By they way, don’t bother calling Roku support.  Apparently Roku employees and catch COVID by taking calls from customers.  They actually state on their recording that due to COVID they cannot take phone calls.  Maybe  COVID is to blame for Roku removing the Spectrum TV channel also.

Level 7

I just bought a tv with Roku just so I could stream spectrum. I also bought one as a Christmas for someone so they could do the same. Now I find out that we can’t even use it for this. I’m honestly debating on returning my tv and the present. I find this very frustrating as a customer. Roku has just lost a customer. 

Level 7

This really stinks: I have been using 5 Rokus to watch the Spectrum TV app on 5 TVs. But a couple of weeks ago, my Spectrum apps wouldn't load, so I did some net searching and read in the Roku website that when the Spectrum app has trouble loading, the likely fix is to uninstall it and then reinstall it. (This was old news, of course, but I had no way of knowing that.) So I dutifully uninstalled, not knowing that the app is no longer available in Roku. (We users should have been explicitly informed!) Now the app is gone not just from that one TV but from all of them, with no way to reinstall. Obviously I feel ripped off; I should have been actively informed that under no circumstances should I uninstall the Spectrum app. Please, please, Roku and Spectrum!--please come to an agreement and reactivate the Spectrum app on Roku.

Level 7

For those that deleted the Spectrum app, if you have the Roku app on your phone setup, and you are already registered with Roku, just default your Roku TV or Roku device and walk through the setup with your existing Roku account and Spectrum app should install automatically. I have Roku devices and just purchased the new Ultra 4K Dolby Roku and after walking through setup with the Roku phone app, all of my existing Roku apps loaded including SpectrumTV. The Spectrum TV will not install if you remove it but the process above should work. If you are a new or existing Spectrum customer setting up Roku for the first time then you are out of luck until an agreement is reached.

Level 7

Just turned on my tv and went to Roku and was going to go to my Spectrum but it was not there thay have taken it off if it is not put back on will go to my fire stick from now on

Level 7

Have you tried going to "search" then typing in "Spectrum"?

0 Kudos