Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hazmat1
Reel Rookie

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

I have the freezing problem with Spectrum Choice and my Orbi, but I cant shut off ARMOR because I never activated the free trial.  (As they remind me when I log in.)  So that's not a solution here.

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

@Hazmat1 wrote:

I have the freezing problem with Spectrum Choice and my Orbi, but I cant shut off ARMOR because I never activated the free trial.  (As they remind me when I log in.)  So that's not a solution here.

Most curious! What exactly do you mean by "when I log in?" What does your Orbi app or Orbi router login home show for the "Security" medallion? What is the wording? 

I wouldn't want you to HAVE to do it, but have you tried to do the hard reset?

I was hoping that you could simply kill all the bitdefender processes running on the Orbi internal Linux system, but I just tried it, and the suckers just keep getting re-started. There must be some flag set somewhere in semi-permanent memory that says that Armor/Bitdefender is disabled/stopped/whatever. Netgear really needs to provide a solution to this. But meanwhile, if you feel you're up to it, please try the reset.

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

Hi @Hazmat1 -- also should have asked: what's your exact setup? What's your version(s) of Orbi and its firmware (the Orbi app should show that)? What's your Roku setup (TV, stick, etc.)? Version and build information from both the Roku (in the system menu) and the Spectrum TV app?

0 Kudos
Hazmat1
Reel Rookie

hi there,

I have a Roku Ultra, version 9.2.0, build 4807-46 and my Orbi Firmware is V2.3.5.30.  No idea on the Spectrum Choice though.

When I log onto the Orbi A Netgear Armor ad pops up, and says "To activate your free trial of NETGEAR Armor, please download the orbe app at ...

My orbi page has 6 tiles, Internet, Wireless, Attached devices, Parenral controls, guest network and Security.  The Security tile is an A on a shield, below it says STATUS: NOT ACTIVATED, and I can't click on it.   Orbi is under warrenty, per my open case they had me change my primary and secondary DNS servers, which didn't help.  I'm waiting for a second response from the Netgear support expert.

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

@Hazmat1 wrote:

hi there,

I have a Roku Ultra, version 9.2.0, build 4807-46 and my Orbi Firmware is V2.3.5.30.  No idea on the Spectrum Choice though.

When I log onto the Orbi A Netgear Armor ad pops up, and says "To activate your free trial of NETGEAR Armor, please download the orbe app at ...

My orbi page has 6 tiles, Internet, Wireless, Attached devices, Parenral controls, guest network and Security.  The Security tile is an A on a shield, below it says STATUS: NOT ACTIVATED, and I can't click on it.   Orbi is under warrenty, per my open case they had me change my primary and secondary DNS servers, which didn't help.  I'm waiting for a second response from the Netgear support expert.

Are you logging in to the Orbi router (the 192.168.1.1 address in your browser) or logging in to the Orbi app on a phone or tablet?

In your Roku menu or on your remote, click Home, then select/highlight, but do not click OK on, the Spectrum app. Now click on the star/asterisk on the Roku remote to get information and options for the Spectrum app. You should see the version and build information there. 

My own setup is a TCL 43S423 TV and its Roku version is also 9.2.0 but the build is older, 4502-30. My Spectrum app is V. 5.7 at Build 1. 

0 Kudos
Hazmat1
Reel Rookie

Yes, my Spectrum is 5.7 build 1 too.  I log in to the Router using Chrome on my laptop at orbilogin.net.  I may have to call Spectrum and request a refund for the week I've had this service and go back to Sling or youtube TV.  That's a shame too because Spectrum has 10 channels I can watch.  I checked it on my primary TV, but S. Choice is not available on LG, and another TV has a firestick and doesn't work there either.  

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

Hey @Hazmat1 , I'm with you on why Spectrum. Turned out to be the only streaming package that had all (well, almost all) the 10 choice channels we wanted. NOBODY else had the choices. But then there's the warts and all.

Meanwhile, could you maybe TRY to reset your router, just hoping that it does something positive? Or do you have another (maybe older) router that you can plug in to see if it lets Spectrum work?

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

Hi again @Hazmat1 -- I'm so sorry. I completely ignored the ORBI version information. You say yours is V. 2.3.5.30 -- is that the Orbi app or the firmware version when you login to the Orbi router? My Orbi APP on my Android tablet is V. 2.4.18.916 and the Orbi router (it's an RBR50) firmware is reported to be V. 2.5.1.8 . Either way, if yours is at V. 2.3.5.30, it could be a bit behind. What version of the router do you have? Can you try upgrading the firmware?

0 Kudos
Hazmat1
Reel Rookie

Here is my final update and post:

i gave up on the RBR50 Orbi and rented a new modem and router from Spectrum for $5.00 per month.  Spectrum Choice works great now.  Spectrum gave me $25.00 one-time credit and increased my internet speed from 200 to 400 for N/C.  If I don't like it I can return it and change or cancel my service.  Thanks for all suggestions!

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

@Hazmat1 wrote:

Here is my final update and post:

i gave up on the RBR50 Orbi and rented a new modem and router from Spectrum for $5.00 per month.  Spectrum Choice works great now.  Spectrum gave me $25.00 one-time credit and increased my internet speed from 200 to 400 for N/C.  If I don't like it I can return it and change or cancel my service.  Thanks for all suggestions!

Sounds like you got a win-win deal. Good going, case closed!

0 Kudos