Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbaynes25
Reel Rookie

Spectrum Channel Freezes

I’m having same issue with spectrum freezing in all Roku devices.  Spectrum app on my phone works fine.  I don’t like being ping ponged - Roku says call Spectrum - Spectrum says call Roku.  This started happening 1/23/2020 in zip code 27407. Please advise and resolve.  

0 Kudos
75 REPLIES 75
tamaradell
Channel Surfer

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Having same issue. Called Spectrum and they say it's working thru an emulator on their end. I deleted app and reloaded it and rebooted my roku box and still have issue. Spectrum says it's Roku I'm sooo frustrated.

0 Kudos
tamaradell
Channel Surfer

New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

Spectum says it's Roku and Roku says it's Spectrum. Spectrum freezing. Deleted app and reloaded, rebooted roku. Still happening. I hate paying for something that doesn't work. HELP.

0 Kudos
mfwchef71
Reel Rookie

uninstall the spectrum app

unplug your modem and/or router and that depends if you have an all in one,  wait a solid 1-2 minutes 

reboot up the modem and than the router 

reinstall app and that should work 

let  us know the results 

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Thanks for reaching out here. 

If other channels on your Roku device are working normally, you'll need to contact the channel (app) provider directly to report the issue, request additional support, and ask to escalate the issue for further investigation, if still unresolved.

Spectrum develops their own channel (app) for the Roku platform, and would be the correct source to help resolve any issue that you may have with that particular channel. Each channel provider also develops and maintains all systems/services that their channel may require in order to function properly. If they are experiencing an issue within their systems, or there is a configuration problem with your account or modem/router, this may also affect functionality of the channel on your device and require Spectrum to resolve. You can reach Spectrum support directly here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Kbaynes25
Reel Rookie

Thanks Tanner but you and I both know that’s not going to do any good. You all need to take ownership and work with Spectrum to resolve.  I’ve got 5 Roku devices.  This is not good service.  

tamaradell
Channel Surfer

Tanner,

They ran it thru an emulator and tell me it's a ROKU problem. Now you tell me it's a Spectrum problem. All I know is I cannot watch it and I'm frustrated. WHAT'S THE REAL ANSWER???????

tamaradell
Channel Surfer

Did all that and the problem still exists.

tamaradell
Channel Surfer

Blester,

Beginning to think that Spectrum is trying to get people to go to Apple TV as they left us one when the installation was done. Perhaps they don't like Roku. I've tried everything I know to do, uninstall app and reinstall ap. Reboot Roku, reboot modem and router, updated Roku software. Now I have downloaded the single apps on streaming channels for the ones I actually watch and did the activate code deal online. However I found that it won't complete for Showtime or Hallmark. I have realized I watch about 10 channels. This whole thing makes me want to cancel Spectrum and dump Roku.

tamaradell
Channel Surfer

Well, well, Spectrum gave us an appletv system and now I've hooked it up and guess what without Roku no more freezing.  This tells me that Spectrum wants to dump Roku and go with Apple. You could just tell people that!!!!!!  How sneaky and underhanded can you get?