Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Spectrum Channel Freezes

Check modem firewall settings.

Setting to low allowed Spectrum app to function.

0 Kudos
texaslyn
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum Channel Buffers

I notice occasional buffering for Spectrum when it doesn't happen on other channels. - I upgrade and purchased a long-range router and I get good numbers, but the buffering still happens. - I hope you can address.

0 Kudos
Durhammer
Binge Watcher

@texaslyn wrote:

I notice occasional buffering for Spectrum when it doesn't happen on other channels. - I upgrade and purchased a long-range router and I get good numbers, but the buffering still happens. - I hope you can address.

Hi @texaslyn -- what ELSE have you done? What's your Roku model and firmware version? What's your Spectrum app version? What's your TV info (720p/4K/etc.)? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the Spectrum app? Have you rebooted (or unplugged or whatever it takes) your Roku device? There's a slew of other things to do/try. Here's a good starting point: https://smart-tv-setup.com/roku-buffering-problems

0 Kudos
texaslyn
Reel Rookie

1) Alway check for s/w updates to Roku, Spectrum app, and LG OLED 55B9 TV, a GOOD TV. (Two are set to auto-update.)

2) Deleted Spectrum app; reinstalled.

3) Rebooted Roku multiple times. Plus reset. Tried different settings on Roku

4) I DO view all kinds of content, 4k for example. - WiFi get 150+ mps with Spectrum. Verified by mulitple speed test from 3-5 sites.

5) Roku Ultra - supports 4K

6) Interference - These days there is always potential interference if you are tech-saavy. I check the channels on my router and manage. There is not much in the immediate area of the Roku other than a sound bar and ECHO device. - But if these were the issues, buffering would happen with other channels.

As I said, when I do experience buffering, it tends to be just Spectrum as opposed to other channels like Youtube.

0 Kudos
howtofixr

Thank you for another informative site. Where else could I get that kind of info written in such an ideal method?  

Roku Error  

0 Kudos
MojoFL

Re: New Spectrum Streaming App Crashes Roku

I was able to disable Netgear Armor after rebooting my Orbi router through the Orbi app. That does fix the problem!

0 Kudos