Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveE925
Channel Surfer

Re: Spectrum Channel Freezes

No luck.....

0 Kudos
JACS
Channel Surfer

I have been having the same issue since 1/20/2020.  I have all Roku TV's and all of them are not working.  Spectrum sent a technician out and found nothing wrong with the network.  I have hardwired and wireless setup to different TV's and it doesn't matter if they are hardwired or wireless the app still freezes/buffers.  I think if Spectrum gets enough people reporting this they may actually do something about it.  I am not replacing 7 Roku TV's when the only app having an issue is Spectrum.  Netflix, Roku TV, Prime, etc. all work fine.  The only response I am getting from Spectrum is there has been a ticket created for me with escalation and I should hear back within 72 hours.  I also got the push in the beginning that it was a Roku issue and when I told them their app was the only one with issue, they still tried to push me back to Roku, I did not settle for that and now I wait to see what happens.  Going on 2 weeks, I am about to call it quits with Spectrum TV.

0 Kudos
SteveE925
Channel Surfer

Just got off the phone with Spectrum. They had a record of my call last week but the techs comments don’t give me any confidence they’re doing anything. 

“Nothing on our backend is showing a problem”

”Everything looks good here”

”I haven’t heard of this” and he put me on hold to “check with others” only to come back and say “nobody has heard of a problem” 

He is action was to “rebuild” my stream, deactivate then reactivate my services. I’m not home so I don’t know if anything changed but I highly doubt it. 

0 Kudos
SteveE925
Channel Surfer

A little bit of hope after second call to spectrum today. 

I could hear the tech talking to someone about trying to troubleshoot. “There! That’s why he’s dropping!”  Tech came back and send I was “dropping packets”. Said they were still watching it. No idea what that means or why it’s effecting just their app on Roku, but they’re sending a tech out at noon tomorrow. 

funny, bill is due Saturday 

0 Kudos
PJB1
Reel Rookie

I am so glad to have finally found this forum.  I thought I was going crazy.  Experiencing the same thing since last week.  I have tried everything...to no avail.  

0 Kudos
SteveE925
Channel Surfer

Tech just left. 
confirmed packet lose at modem. Yea!

Found squirrel damage at pole!  Yea!

Replaced all wiring from pole to modem, confirmed internet was great!!!!

Spectrum app still freezes and it’s the only thing I can’t stream. 
He’s going to “escalate”.  

0 Kudos
JACS
Channel Surfer

Today 2/1/2020 I turned on Spectrum app on Roku with no updates and it seems to be working now.  I have tested most of the lower number channels and premium channels and most work.  A couple of the channels still freeze, but it is way better than it was.  What I mean by lower channels is the duplicate channels that are in both lower numbers and higher numbers.  It appears most of the upper number duplicate channels are still freezing.  So then I tried removing the app, clearing the cache, restarting the TV, and then reinstall the app.  Some of the channels still freeze, but again others do not.  I believe Spectrum may be doing something to resolve the issue behind the scenes.

0 Kudos
jakinder
Channel Surfer

TLDR; if you are using a Netgear router with Armor security enabled, disable it and the Spectrum TV app should work again.

For the past week I had the same issue with the Spectrum TV app as well on all of my Roku players and the couple TCL-Roku TVs we have. I got pretty pushy with Spectrum support because everything else on my internal network was working and streaming fine whether hard-wired or on Wifi through our Roku players. We were constantly getting the RLP-1999 and RLP-999 error codes and buffering whenever we tried to use the app. This all started around the Fri. 1/22 to Sat. 1/23 timeframe. Prior to that everything worked great for us.

I got fed up with waiting for it to clear up by itself after rebooting my router and cable modem multiple times, removing and re-adding the Roku app, and gradually shutting down computers and devices on my network to see if I had a malfunctioning device. On Wed. 1/26 I was talking to a Spectrum tech via chat and pushed them to submit a ticket since none of the typical scripted items they want to go through I had already completed with no success. I made sure that they included my error codes in the ticket as well.

I finally got a voicemail from a Spectrum Support person this Friday 1/31 that said there is a known issue with the Spectrum Roku app and Netgear routers with the Armor Security add-on feature enabled. The tech said I needed to disable Armor and the app should function as normal. What seemed odd about this was that I never told Support initially that I am running any Netgear router, but as luck would have it I am running Netgear Orbi so I logged in and disabled Armor and the Spectrum app now works.

What I am not happy about is that I have to lessen my security in order to watch my TV since all we have is streaming service through Spectrum. I still have to follow back up with Spectrum support to see when this issue will be resolved so that Armor can be re-enabled on my Netgear Orbi setup.

Tags (1)
jakinder
Channel Surfer

TLDR; if you are using a Netgear router with Armor security enabled, disable it and the Spectrum TV app should work again.

For the past week I had the same issue with the Spectrum TV app as well on all of my Roku players and the couple TCL-Roku TVs we have. I got pretty pushy with Spectrum support because everything else on my internal network was working and streaming fine whether hard-wired or on Wifi through our Roku players. We were constantly getting the RLP-1999 and RLP-999 error codes and buffering whenever we tried to use the app. This all started around the Fri. 1/22 to Sat. 1/23 timeframe. Prior to that everything worked great for us.

I got fed up with waiting for it to clear up by itself after rebooting my router and cable modem multiple times, removing and re-adding the Roku app, and gradually shutting down computers and devices on my network to see if I had a malfunctioning device. On Wed. 1/26 I was talking to a Spectrum tech via chat and pushed them to submit a ticket since none of the typical scripted items they want to go through I had already completed with no success. I made sure that they included my error codes in the ticket as well.

I finally got a voicemail from a Spectrum Support person this Friday 1/31 that said there is a known issue with the Spectrum Roku app and Netgear routers with the Armor Security add-on feature enabled. The tech said I needed to disable Armor and the app should function as normal. What seemed odd about this was that I never told Support initially that I am running any Netgear router, but as luck would have it I am running Netgear Orbi so I logged in and disabled Armor and the Spectrum app now works.

What I am not happy about is that I have to lessen my security in order to watch my TV since all we have is streaming service through Spectrum. I still have to follow back up with Spectrum support to see when this issue will be resolved so that Armor can be re-enabled on my Netgear Orbi setup.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jakinder
Channel Surfer

I got a voicemail from a Spectrum Support person this Friday 1/31 that said there is a known issue with the Spectrum Roku app and Netgear routers with the Armor Security add-on feature enabled. The tech said I needed to disable Armor and the app should function as normal. What seemed odd about this was that I never told Support initially that I am running any Netgear router, but as luck would have it I am running Netgear Orbi so I logged in and disabled Armor and the Spectrum app now works.

Tags (1)