Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
junglestreet
Level 7

Spectrum Cable saying Spectrum App no longer available on Roku

Jump to solution

Roku lists Spectrum as one of its channel partners, but Spectrum is saying the Spectrum App is no longer offered on the Roku platform.   Samsung customer service is saying that I either need to buy AppleTV or a Samsung TV to have access to Spectrum App?   Can you confirm ??? 

Can you confirm this is true--- as Roku shows it provides Samsung App as an offering.  spectrum.pngSpectrum app1.pngSpectrum app.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum Cable saying Spectrum App no longer available on Roku

Jump to solution

A quick search of the forum would have answered your question, but you already have the answer right there in your post. Last December the contract between Spectrum and Roku expired, and the channel was hidden from public access in the channel store. One can argue until you're blue in the face as to who's to blame, but the bottom line is there's no way to add the channel if you didn't have it prior to that date. Both companies point the finger at the other, but as a user you're stuck. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

A quick search of the forum would have answered your question, but you already have the answer right there in your post. Last December the contract between Spectrum and Roku expired, and the channel was hidden from public access in the channel store. One can argue until you're blue in the face as to who's to blame, but the bottom line is there's no way to add the channel if you didn't have it prior to that date. Both companies point the finger at the other, but as a user you're stuck. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

Sherlock_Holmes
Level 7

Jump to solution

How much more do you want Spectrum to pay for a new contract?

0 Kudos