Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bgbearclaw

Re: Spectrum App not listing all of my channels in my Spectrum subscription

I just talked to spectrum about this  has nothing to do with the spectrum app it is roku that they changed their lineup so you have to use the guide to the left for your channels to show correctly.  I my roku remote I use the left  that will show your guide to the left of the screen don't use the top back arrow you won't get the right guide

0 Kudos
cathc7
Reel Rookie

Spectrum gave me the credit because I've been unable to access all the channels I pay for over the last 3 weeks. When and if I figure out how to get to the mini guide I'll update here. 

0 Kudos
AM60
Channel Surfer

I did what you said but set it to network instead of all channels all the channels came back but not listed in order

0 Kudos
AM60
Channel Surfer

I just did what another person wrote he said its not spectrum I set roku to network instead of all channels now seeing channels again but they are not in order its like for instance ch.395 below shows ch.76 so i told husband if something he wants to watch ill look up on my spectrum guide on my phone and he can scroll to proper channel hey its better than nothing lol one other question? Is anyone showing this white pop up box lower left corner says hdmi and some other stuff its annoying no way to get rid of it.

DawnB63
Channel Surfer

I just spoke with Spectrum and the person I spoke with uses a Roku also.  She stated Spectrum sent out an upgrade to Roku which broke the Guide by channel number or Network listing.  The work around is to be on live tv - use the left arrow key next to "OK" and it brings up the current showings - all channels in order.  You cannot see what is coming up next hour but at least you see all channels.

They gave me a credit and just to confirm it is not on the Roku side.  No ETA for a fix.  She is also waiting patiently for a fix.  Hope this helps.

AM60
Channel Surfer

Thank you we got all the channels showing again but not in numerical order just gotta scroll thru on wut to watch at least they are back.

0 Kudos
Xine
Reel Rookie

I've called Spectrum about this several times. Still no solution except "use the mini guide"! The first ykme I called the tech guy told me that it has to do with which Roku version is on my device. He said he could see that I have and older 9.2 software update on one device but that others had the newer 9.3. I told him if didn't matter because I had the guide issue on all Rokus, regardless of model or firmware. I did try to force an update to the one that was 9.2 and it didn't work. I've asked for credits to my accounts but haven't received them yet. I will be more forceful about requesting them now that I know others have been successful in getting them. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
jknowles
Channel Surfer

I have been waiting for a fix to the issue that I posted back 3 weeks ago.  As of yesterday, I was still having the problem.

I had been reading the response chain that had been posted to my question and noted that someone had mentioned that they updated their Roku device to the newer version but was still having the problem.  Therefore, I thought that I would check my Roku device version and noted that it was 9.2.  I also checked the Spectrum App and noted that I was on a version of the app dated 8/2019. 

Therefore I used to update selection in the options section of my device and updated to the 9.3.0 version, Build 4172-55.  Then when I restarted the device, I reloaded the Spectrum App.  When the app was reloaded, I checked the version of the new App.  The new Spectrum App was 6.1.0 and build 6/4/2020.  When I checked this version of the App, the Guide work properly with all the channels displaying in order as they should.

I suggest if you have not already done so, update your Roku device software and then reload the Spectrum app and see if this corrects your issue.  If not, you may want to contact Spectrum Customer Service again to be sure there is not another problem with your service.  

Good luck.

0 Kudos
AM60
Channel Surfer

I dont understand did you uninstall spectrum app and then reinstall? How do you find current versions of roku and spectrum app? We have a roku express. Im not very tech savy lol thank you

0 Kudos
jknowles
Channel Surfer

We have two Roku Sticks on two of our TVs.   I do not know how the Express works in comparison to the Stick so what I will describe is how our TVs display when you turn them on using the Roku Sticks.

The Home screen displays a menu on the Left side of the screen starting with 'Home' and ending with 'Streaming Channels'.  If you use the remote control, there is a purple cross shaped button that has 'OK' in the middle and arrows on each end of the cross pointing either up or down or to the right or the left.  Using the 'down' button with the 'Home' selection of the Menu highlighted, you scroll down until you get to 'Settings' (You can also scroll up one selection from 'Home' to get to 'Settings' on my menu.)  When 'Settings' is highlighted, you will see another menu on the Right side of the screen.  Mine lists 'Network' down to 'System'.   To access this network, use the 'Right' arrow on the purple cross to move to the menu on the right.  This should highlight 'Network'.  When you highlight 'Network', that menu slides to the left of the screen and a new menu opens on the right side of the screen showing all the options for the 'Network' settings.  You use the down arrow to move down the Left menu to 'System'  (or, on mine, I can also use the Up arrow and the menu will move to 'System'.  When you get the menu selection to 'System', the menu options for the 'System' settings will display on the Right side of the screen.  On my list of 'System' options, about half way down the list is 'System Update'.  Use the Right arrow and scroll over to the menu on the Right to the 'About'  selection.  The menu will move to the Left again and a 'Gear' icon appears on my screen on the Right side.  Use the Down arrow to move the highlight down the menu on the Left of the screen to highlight 'System Update' selection. The Right side of my screen shows a 'Download' icon with the date and time of the last time the Roku device checked for updates and the last time it was updated.  Mine shows yesterday's date as that was when I updated my device software.  If your device is showing an older date, you probably want to update.  If you want to update your device, press the Right arrow again.  My screen shows the 'Download' icon moved to the Left of the screen and on the Right of the screen is a bar that says 'Check now' and on my screen this bar is already highlighted.  If it is not highlighted on your screen, move the selection using the arrows to get it highlighted and then press the 'OK' button to start the download of the update to your device.  My screen displays a box that says the Roku device checks for updates automatically every day, but my device was not doing that as the date of the last update was several months back from yesterdays date before I did this manual update.  When you click the 'OK' button, the system will do an update to the software and will restart when the new software is loaded.  Depending on your internet connection this will take different amounts of time to download and restart, so just wait for it to finish (you will see a % completed display as it downloads).   When mine completed, it started to display the "dancing Roku" screen.  I hit the "Home" button on the remote and the regular starting menu appeared as usually displays when I hit the "Home" button.  Then I selected the Spectrum App and clicked OK.  The first time I did that after the update, the screen showed that it was reloading the Spectrum App  (a little different display that usual) but then started the Spectrum App as usual and everything was fixed with the Guide and channel display according to my Spectrum subscription.

So I guess updating the software on the device and reloading the Spectrum app after the update, fixed the issue I was having. Hope it works for you.

0 Kudos