Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
J1039
Level 8

Re: Spectrum App Won't allow me to login

Jump to solution
You are 100% right. Spectrum is definitely trying to keep their Spectrum subscribers locked down to their homes. Although I can access channels with my phone or computer while using my spectrum credentials while away from home, even if I try to mirror to a Roku tv or firestick, Spectrum blocks it from happening. This is definitely a Spectrum issue. No advice on this thread has worked for me and the problem is still unresolved.
Highlighted
Loudsho92
Level 7

Jump to solution

I all of a sudden a few days ago was no longer able to log into the Spectrum app on my Roku. I have restarted a few different times, removed and installed the app a few times with no luck. Nothing changed hardware wise.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Loudsho92 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If removing the channel, then restarting the device before adding the channel back doesn't fix the issue that you are seeing, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach Spectrum here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
JayAre1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue if anyone gets this going please let me know

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Casanova23
Level 7

Jump to solution

Literally go **bleep** yourself 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AdaBeta27
Level 9

Jump to solution

I had that no-login issue on 2  of my Roku sticks.   One was solved by  this "clear the Roku cache" procedure:
Home screen in Roku.
From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively:
  Press Home 5 times.
  Press Up.
  Press Rewind 2 times.
  Press Fast Forward 2 times.
(Roku will stop, sit, then eventually restart itself.)

One other stick I suspect had some additional issues related to the recent series of Roku OS updates.  (And there *were* a series of updates before Roku apparently arrived at a finalized version.)
  Here is what I finally did to it:   
Removed the Roku channel.  (May not have needed to do that, but it won't hurt.)
Reset the stick to factory default.
Stick rebooted and rebuilt itself with the latest OS version.
Stick also installed all the channels.
After entering my Spectrum login credentials, I was able to log in to the Spectrum app and have it working flawlessly.  Of course, all logins for the other channels will also need to be re-entered.

Both of these Roku sticks are only used at the home that has the Spectrum Internet subscription.  I have never tried to use them elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JamRich
Level 7

Jump to solution

There's no way around this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RyanG
Level 7

Jump to solution

J1039,

Thank you for posting about this. I recently cancelled my Charter Spectrum cable subscription but kept the internet. In the past meaning over a year ago I was able to access all of the individual Channel apps with my Charter Spectrum login even though I did not have an active cable subscription. Obviously it seems they have tightened up the technology to know whether or not you have a TV subscription or not. And on top of that now they have a home network only restriction pertaining to Roku streaming devices That I just read about on your post.

My scenario is that even if I signed back up with Spectrum for  cable and get my access to all of the Channel streaming apps at home I will not be able to utilize them when I am out and about in my RV with my other Roku devices. We use AT&T hotspots most of the time when we are camping however we do use guest Wi-Fi at campsites if available.

I was wondering if I could ask you some more questions off of this thread because some topics are not allowed. Please let me know if you would be willing to have a conversation off of this platform it definitely sounds like you are knowledgeable about this and I am just scratching the surface of the problem and ways to fix it. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
J1039
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks, RyanG! 

I wouldn’t say I’m knowledgeable about this. All I can do is speak from my personal experiences and conversations I’ve had with Spectrum customer services reps.

From my experience, if you sign back up with Spectrum, you should be able to access the individual channel apps away from home as long as the away from home internet provider is NOT a Spectrum account WITHOUT a cable subscription. 

You should be able to access your individual channel apps with your Spectrum account in your RV (away from home) if you are using any other ISP. 

I still have Spectrum internet but I gave up on their cable service due to this issue. No other cable providers seem to have this issue.

I’m now happy and able to access all my individual channel apps on my Roku devices and firesticks while away from home. Unfortunately, my solution was to cancel Spectrum. So far I’ve used Fubo, Hulu with live TV, Direct TV, and Dish. Each subscription worked for me on multiple devices while away from home. 

Highlighted
MBS3
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this on my TV by highlighting the Spectrum app and pressing the asterisk button on the Roku remote.  One of the menu items was "check for updates"   Did this and then problem went away.  This is my smartest TV and I guess it needed an update!