Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM11
Level 7

Re: Spectrum App Won't allow me to login

Jump to solution

Hello,

I don't believe all of your information is correct. The Spectrum App will work even if not connected to Spectrum provided Internet, just not have access to all the programming. I can also log in to SpectrumTV.com and access TV content. However, when I'm away from my In-Home Spectrum WiFi, there are programming restrictions.

From the Spectrum Web site : "Note: Please download the latest version of the Spectrum TV app. Allow at least 24 to 72 hours after creating your Spectrum.net username before you sign into any TV apps. Programming will vary based on whether or not you’re connected to your In-Home WiFi. The Spectrum TV app will not work internationally."

Is it perhaps possible the issue is on the ROKU side, seeing that I can use my credentials to log in over the web, but not the app?

Thank you

0 Kudos
jp62
Level 7

Jump to solution
My issue was not ROKU related. The Metronet app is only for local channel to your city and cost additional $ to get these local channels.
0 Kudos
Runbp2
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello - I have connected Spectrum multiple times and getting caught in a Catch 22 situation between Roku and Spectrum.  Keeping getting the run around - what is the work around Roku?

0 Kudos
Runbp2
Level 7

Jump to solution

So while the tech support telling they this, has anything been done to result the issue?

0 Kudos
Runbp2
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello - we have tried that and still not able to connect to Spectrum on this TV. #disappointed

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

You'll need to get in touch with Spectrum support and have them assist you with your account/service. They can help walk you through logging into their channel on the Roku platform. If you encounter any errors such as you described, they will need to investigate what may be causing them within your account. Roku doesn't have any control over authentication credentials for 3rd party channels—the channel provider will be the point of contact for resolving those types of issues. 

You can reach Spectrum support here:  https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
pangea33
Level 7

Jump to solution
This is what worked after a couple days of frustration. I had uninstalled/reinstalled, rebooted Roku & router, etc. Until doing this exact process I had no luck though. Thanks for the steps.

* Uninstall Spectrum app
* Unplug Roku and restart after a couple minutes
* Reinstall Spectrum app
* Declare victory
0 Kudos
Joes
Level 7

Jump to solution
I have the same problem. Ian connected to a spectrum WiFi and have an account. Both spectrum and roku say it’s the others fault.
0 Kudos
Joes
Level 7

Jump to solution
Still same problem. Spectrum says it’s Roku
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Joes 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Spectrum directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform is developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. 

You can reach Spectrum support here:  https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos