Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carriemiss
Level 7

Re: Spectrum App Won't allow me to login

Jump to solution
I have the same problem, but I have a full subscription to Spectrum. Everything worked a couple months ago and then out of nowhere all my apps attached to my Spectrum account stopped working and I get an error message that I don't have a full subscription. I've tried deleting the apps, signing out, etc. and still the same issue. 
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
@carriemiss 

You'll need to get in touch with Spectrum support and have them assist you with your account/service. They can help walk you through logging into their channel on the Roku platform. If you encounter any errors such as you described, they will need to investigate what may be causing them within your account. Roku doesn't have any control over authentication credentials for 3rd party channels—the channel provider will be the point of contact for resolving those types of issues. 

You can reach Spectrum support here:  https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
J1039
Level 7

Jump to solution
Finally other people are reporting this issue.

I called Roku, Spectrum and multiple networks such as ESPN/ABC about this issue and no one was helpful. Each company kept blaming the other.

After month’s of phone calls and tech support help with Spectrum, the issue was finally revealed by one of the Spectrum Tech Support managers.

The problem is only with Spectrum!

Spectrum now only allows access to network apps on devices such as Roku or firestick ONLY if you are on your home network and are using your home network login for the TV subscription.

If any device is connected to a Spectrum network that does not have a cable subscription, the network app (abc, fox, espn, etc...) will automatically sign the user in and they will NOT be able to access any content unless they sign up with some type of spectrum cable subscription.

Spectrum customers can no longer access content on network apps with devices such as Roku and firestick while using their spectrum tv login credentials while away from home. If away from home, the network apps along with the spectrum tv app can only be accessed on a phone, handle held device, desktop or laptop.

For example, I have Spectrum internet without a tv subscription at one house and a tv and internet subscription at the other. I can no longer use my cable login credentials at the location that only has Spectrum internet to access any network apps or the Spectrum tv app on my Roku or firestick. The apps now automatically log me in to the internet only Spectrum account, not allowing me access to any content. However, I am able to access the network apps with those credentials while using a laptop, desktop, or phone.

The good news is, although Spectrum does not allow this type of access anymore, other companies such as DishNetwork still do. I have access to a DishNetwork account and I’m able to use the credentials with this account to access network apps on any device no matter where I am.

Not sure why Spectrum got greedy and took away this access from its customers. One of the things I loved about them is that I used to be able to access any channel that was in my subscription no matter what device I was using or where I was located. Now that they have restricted this, I will no longer be using their cable services.
Catedi
Level 7

Jump to solution
Will using a VPN solve this issue?
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Per the Community GuidelinesDiscussions regarding any usage of VPNs to circumvent established regional broadcast rules or limitations are not allowed in the Community. Any topic or comment posted regarding the use of a VPN, or any circumvention of applicable limitations, will be removed at Roku's discretion.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution
This is exactly the issue I have. I do not have a Spectrum cable package, but I have a shared account for a main Spectrum account that does. I cannot access the TV channels through the Roku (it won't allow me to login at all), but I can do it on the app on my Android phone. Seems like Spectrum wants to keep their cable subscribers locked down to their home that has their cable service and only allow remote access to channels through mobile devices (that are not hardwired to a TV).
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Is Spectrum the only channel that you observe this issue with? It's possible there may be an issue within the channel itself that the service provider will need to investigate.

Try removing the Spectrum channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the Spectrum channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ElCruz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I talked to Spectrum and they blame Roku! Whenever I try to log in, a message appears that says "The info you entered doesn't match our records. Please try again." I removed the app, restarted the device, and uploaded the app again with no success. We have one cable box, which is not attached to the tv with the Roku on it. Could this be why it's not working?

0 Kudos
jp62
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have loaded the Metronet Stream app  onto my Roku express and I'm getting username and password incorrect. I can successfully log into the Metronet Streaming site and log into all my channels on other devices. Metronet support is directing me to Roku support.

Over this summer I used the spectrum app on this same device with no issues. Used this app in October and just cancelled by service with Spectrum.

0 Kudos
JM11
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. When i try to login into the Spectrum app, I get, "The info you entered doesn't match our records. Please try again." Deleted and re-installed the app, no luck. I can log in over the web and watch Spectrum TV with no issues... 

Appears to be a ROKU issue......

0 Kudos