Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kert490
Level 7

Spectrum App Won't allow me to login

Jump to solution
I am trying to use the Spectrum App on the Roku to login into my account.  I should be able to login with my cable account and watch certain offerings that are available online.  When I go into the Spectrum App I get a splash screen that wants me to sign up for an online service for $21.99.  When I try to go around this and login there is no option.  I have tried every key available and nothing gets me by this screen.  The only thing I can do is purchase the online Spectrum subscription.

I have contacted both Roku and Spectrum and neither thinks it is there fault and neither will look into the issue.  Any clue what I can do to get by this or get it fixed.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Spectrum App Won't allow me to login

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear about the trouble getting logged in! Each channel on the Roku platform is developed and published by the channel service provider themselves, including the authentication/login process for users. They would be the experts in helping provide further assistance for their channel, including guiding you through logging in within the channel. In general, we'd recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen, trying to restart your device, then adding the channel back once more and try to login again. 

If you still aren't able to get logged in, we'd recommend contacting Spectrum's Support team and requesting more help with the login process. The Spectrum channel does require the use of Spectrum provided internet service. If you aren't connected to a Spectrum provided network connection, that may be an issue when trying to use the channel. 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
31 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Jump to solution
"kert490" wrote:
I am trying to use the Spectrum App on the Roku to login into my account.  I should be able to login with my cable account and watch certain offerings that are available online.  When I go into the Spectrum App I get a splash screen that wants me to sign up for an online service for $21.99.  When I try to go around this and login there is no option.  I have tried every key available and nothing gets me by this screen.  The only thing I can do is purchase the online Spectrum subscription.

I have contacted both Roku and Spectrum and neither thinks it is there fault and neither will look into the issue.  Any clue what I can do to get by this or get it fixed.

A search of "Spectrum" on the forum will show that the app has many issues. Sometimes, with buggy apps, the data can be cleared and a reinstallation will work. Do do this:

1. Remove the app

2. Reboot the Roku

3. Reinstall the app 

Don't skip any of those steps. And don't do them in a different order.

If that doesn't resolve it, you'll need to contact Spectrum.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Sorry to hear about the trouble getting logged in! Each channel on the Roku platform is developed and published by the channel service provider themselves, including the authentication/login process for users. They would be the experts in helping provide further assistance for their channel, including guiding you through logging in within the channel. In general, we'd recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen, trying to restart your device, then adding the channel back once more and try to login again. 

If you still aren't able to get logged in, we'd recommend contacting Spectrum's Support team and requesting more help with the login process. The Spectrum channel does require the use of Spectrum provided internet service. If you aren't connected to a Spectrum provided network connection, that may be an issue when trying to use the channel. 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

Jump to solution
When I go into the Spectrum App I get a splash screen that wants me to sign up for an online service for $21.99. 

It's been a while since i've had Spectrum, but this sounds like the same screen i encountered when i installed their app, there is a way but it's just not clearly visible, from what i remember you make sure you're not on anything that would take you to the streaming sign up , meaning the Continue or whatever it is ( edit - maybe a Back button? can't remember ) isn't lit, and just press the OK button on the Roku remote, meaning you're essentially just clicking on that splash screen and not on the Continue/Back or whatever it is, that should take you to the normal login. Whether or not Spectrum does this intentionally to fool people and get them to sign up for streaming, who knows, although my guess is yeah, probably.
0 Kudos
badtrucks28
Level 7

Jump to solution
Have a similar situation, but I have no blue screen. It just request you to pay for the app . I have not used the spectrum app since I set up my TCL roku tv and now I am getting a message saying,;" it appears that your bright house networks video subscription does not currently include access to this content". I have Internet and phone service through Charter/Spectrum, so I should be able to get tv with roku.
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

Jump to solution
I have Internet and phone service through Charter/Spectrum, so I should be able to get tv with roku.

You need to subscribe to a cable package or a streaming package to get tv.
0 Kudos
badtrucks28
Level 7

Jump to solution
"RokuTannerDB" wrote:

If you still aren't able to get logged in, we'd recommend contacting their Customer Support team and requesting more help with the login process. The Spectrum channel does require the use of Spectrum provided internet service. If you aren't connected to a Spectrum provided network connection, that may be an issue when trying to use the channel. 

I have Internet and phone service through Charter and still have issues.
0 Kudos
badtrucks28
Level 7

Jump to solution
That is a package. I don't understand why I am blocked after almost a year with using roku.
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

Jump to solution
You currently have an internet and phone package, you need to add cable to get tv, or you can see if they offer their streaming only subscription in your area, it's 10 channels of your choice plus local channels for $21 (at least that was the deal when i had it about 6 months ago).

edit - Or you can try a streaming service like Directv, Sling or Youtube TV.
0 Kudos
bozzy
Level 9

Jump to solution
"badtrucks28" wrote:
"RokuTannerDB" wrote:

If you still aren't able to get logged in, we'd recommend contacting their Customer Support team and requesting more help with the login process. The Spectrum channel does require the use of Spectrum provided internet service. If you aren't connected to a Spectrum provided network connection, that may be an issue when trying to use the channel. 

I have Internet and phone service through Charter and still have issues.

And why would the Spectrum app give you access to their cable tv channels if you don't subscribe to them? I'm very confused. The app is for Spectrum cable tv subscribers.
0 Kudos