Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cwf808
Level 7

Spectrum App Startup Channel Does Not Work

Jump to solution

My Spectrum app defaults to the same channel even if I have the startup channel set to off.  If I turn the startup channel on and try to choose a different startup channel I can choose a different channel but it does not save.  How can I get my startup channel fixed?  Thank you! #Spectrum

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum App Startup Channel Does Not Work

Jump to solution
The app is written by Spectrum to work with their system. Roku just supplies the platform to run it on. You should be directing your questions to Spectrum.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
The app is written by Spectrum to work with their system. Roku just supplies the platform to run it on. You should be directing your questions to Spectrum.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
njnahas
Level 7

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and here’s how I fixed it. On your Roku tv, log in to your Spectrum app. After it loads, click the back arrow button on the top of your Roku remote. This will bring up a new screen. Use the arrow buttons to move down to the settings icon (cog wheel) and click ok. Highlight preferences on the left screen and move the arrow down to ‘manage startup channel’ on the right side and click ok.  Select the channel you want and click on it. Then use the back arrow to exit back to the main screen.

kimmars
Level 7

Jump to solution

That worked.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
blake199
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nice, finally no Spectrum channel one!  Thanks for posting!

0 Kudos
mjdhagerty
Level 7

Jump to solution

Spectrum is stating that Roku was the one that dropped the Spectrum app.

Why does Roku not allow Spectrum as an app?

This seems like a run around.

0 Kudos
GStevens61
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree total run around! Now I have 3 worthless Rokus because I specifically purchased to stream Spectrum. I’m beyond frustrayed!!!!!

EV607797
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same here.  I also just bought two Roku TVs as Christmas gifts for the sole purpose of eliminating the monthly rental fees of Spectrum's digital converters.  Now I will have to return them.  As for the three Roku devices in my own home that I've been using for a year...

Papapitka
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is the biggest rip off I have seen. I bought 11 Roku TVs in order to stream Spectrum and now Spectrum is telling me that they no longer have an agreement with Spectrum. I can not contact Roku support by phone or email. My recommendation is to never buy another Roku TV because what App will be eliminated next!!!!!!

0 Kudos
VideoGreg
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also just purchased a Roku Stick to watch Spectrum TV. Spectrum told me that is what I needed. I spent hours trying to set it up and get it to work. Roku support is a joke! Finally Spectrum support confessed that Roku is no longer supported. I am disappointed with both Roku and Spectrum. I am returning my Roku device!

0 Kudos