Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmcoffin8
Reel Rookie

Spectrum App RLP-1031 error

I know Spectrum and Roku resolved contract issue.  My app is still not working.  I have restarted the App, I have deleted it and reloaded it, I have powered down my Roku, nothing is working.  I am getting an RLP-1031 error trying to stream live tv.

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum App RLP-1031 error

Spectrum just released a new version a few days ago. Sounds like they broke something. Unfortunately, you'll have to contact Spectrum, as they are responsible for the app itself. Roku has no control of the functionality of provider channels. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@bmcoffin8 wrote:

I know Spectrum and Roku resolved contract issue.  My app is still not working.  I have restarted the App, I have deleted it and reloaded it, I have powered down my Roku, nothing is working.  I am getting an RLP-1031 error trying to stream live tv.

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

When reinstalling an app, you need to restart your Roku after removing and before reinstalling:

1) Remove the Spectrum app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

Otherwise, such errors are common with the Spectrum TV. 

Try rebooting/restarting your modem/router/gateway - if that doesnt resolve it you'll need to contact Spectrum CS.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bmcoffin8

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's error codes, you can visit their Support page here: spectrum.net/support/tv/troubleshooting-error-codes-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom/

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bmcoffin8
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately none of that worked.  The error code is not listed on their site.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

You were unable to contact Spectrum Customer Service or connect with their community support forums? 

The Spectrum TV app is coded by Spectrum - you need to contact Spectrum about it.

https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us

0 Kudos
Loyboy

I had the same issue with my TCL Roku TV.  Below is what I did to fix it:

Settings > System > System UPDATE (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > System UPDATE)

bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

I was watching baseball 9/21. Around 8:45p, Spectrum stopped working. The circle when buffering came on. I read to delete, restart Roku, and add Spectrum account. Still doesn't work. Ugh.

0 Kudos
gserna

thanks for the information.  I just updated my Roku TV and the Spectrum app is now working.  

0 Kudos