Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Spectrum App Error/ Uninstalled and cannot re-install

I was getting a "Network Error" on the Spectrum app.  I tried several things including restarting my Roku.  Then I saw a post about uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it.  I removed the Spectrum Channel and now I'm unable to find the channel so it can be re-added.  Please help. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 9

Re: Spectrum App Error/ Uninstalled and cannot re-install

Roku has removed the Spectrum app from their channels because they want to get more ad revenue. 

The only workaround I know of is to download the apps for individual channels (or use a different streaming device). 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/at-t-forges-deal-to-get-hbo-max-on-roku-after-lon...

0 Kudos
Level 7

I believe the Spectrum app is available on Chromecast with Google Tv ($49) so I plan to pick that up and ditch Roku for now.  Such a shame that Roku has to put its customers in the middle of its fights. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I just experienced a similar situation.

I had an issue loading the Spectrum App on one of our Rokus and after some research decided to uninstall and reinstall the App.  Big Mistake - it uninstalled the app on both our Roku devices and because of this contract dispute I can't reinstall it.

Roku - seriously, I already had the app installed.  I was just troubleshooting an issue so I uninstalled the app - I hope you have a plan for this case since I now have multiple Roku's that are only used for Spectrum that are worthless.  If I can't get this resolved soon I'm done with Roku permanently.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos