Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarborSprings
Level 7

Spctrum

I have a Roku device on every TV we own because we could stream Spectrum TV which is how I am able to get my local channels. They shut it down because they want more money from Spectrum. Get over yourself and put the Spectrum app back!!!!

5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spctrum

Each tv on which you use the Roku Spectrum app costs Spectrum a Spectrum box rental fee (what is this now, $10/month?).  And you think it is Roku that's trying to get more money from these negotiations?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
longbid
Level 8

I agree.Greed is not good.

I am aware that Spectrum is a very very GREEDY company.

Please help my 5 initialized players and one not yet activated.

b12345
Level 9

You can still use the spectrum app on apple tv, chromecast/android devices, xbox1, some amazon/fire devices, samsung smart tvs, and in your web browser. Spectrum has an app for roku that many people are using but Roku is preventing new installs of the app to try and get more ad money from Roku.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-16/at-t-forges-deal-to-get-hbo-max-on-roku-after-lon...

"The fight over HBO Max was one of many that Roku has waged recently as its customer base grows and it tries to generate more revenue from selling ads inside streaming apps. In September, Comcast Corp.’s NBCUniversal reached a deal to have its Peacock streaming service carried on Roku after a months long dispute over sharing ad sales. This week, Roku blocked new downloads of Charter Communications Inc.’s Spectrum TV app from Roku’s online store."

0 Kudos
HarborSprings
Level 7

Valid point, but at the end of the day I really don't care who is at fault or who wants more money. I'm sure there's plenty of blame in both sides. One of the reasons we switched to streaming was because I got tired of the cable tv and network contract wars. They just need to fix it.

0 Kudos
longbid
Level 8

Yes ,

I am streaming more also.

But I can not find  a fox sports station for my Cleveland Indians which is the only sport I watch.

So they do have to make some compromises

0 Kudos