Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sound not working on one movie on roku channel

Seems like it may be an issue with Volume Mode set to Off on devices.  See if switching Volume Mode to "Leveling" or "Night" mode will work as it did for me.  Tested on both Ultra 4660, Premiere and Insignia RokuTV.  Could not find option on RokuTV yet to fix issue. (private listening did not work to resolve issue on RokuTV).  Will edit post if I can find workaround if Roku does not fix.

For Roku devices...

1. Launch movie "Stick It" from Roku Channel.

2. Once movie launches, press * button on remote.

3. Navigate to Volume Mode and select "Leveling" or "Night".  For some reason, appears that when "Off" mode is selected, the sound will not play. (This is not normal operation for Off, FYI.. just a bug here.)

Hope that helps you and others trying to watch this movie.  Report back if does not resolve for you on your particular devices(s).

EDIT... Currently, I think the only two methods to watch this movie successfully on a RokuTV is to either load it from the online Roku Channel  https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/48a28b4302dc5744801a73745287930b and use an HDMI cable to your TV, or mirror/cast it to your TV from a mobile device since the sound works fine online also.   So this movie can play online and on Roku devices, but just not the RokuTV (at least Insignia) from the Roku Channel with sound.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar wrote:

Seems like it may be an issue with Volume Mode set to Off on devices.  See if switching Volume Mode to "Leveling" or "Night" mode will work as it did for me.  Tested on both Ultra 4660, Premiere and Insignia RokuTV.  Could not find option on RokuTV yet to fix issue. (private listening did not work to resolve issue on RokuTV).  Will edit post if I can find workaround if Roku does not fix.

For Roku devices...

1. Launch movie "Stick It" from Roku Channel.

2. Once movie launches, press * button on remote.

3. Navigate to Volume Mode and select "Leveling" or "Night".  For some reason, appears that when "Off" mode is selected, the sound will not play. (This is not normal operation for Off, FYI.. just a bug here.)

Hope that helps you and others trying to watch this movie.  Report back if does not resolve for you on your particular devices(s).

EDIT... Currently, I think the only two methods to watch this movie successfully on a RokuTV is to either load it from the online Roku Channel  https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watch/48a28b4302dc5744801a73745287930b and use an HDMI cable to your TV, or mirror/cast it to your TV from a mobile device since the sound works fine online also.   So this movie can play online and on Roku devices, but just not the RokuTV (at least Insignia) from the Roku Channel with sound.

Doesnt properly stream with sound on any Roku device via The Roku Channel (bug in the stream encoding for TRC app) for some time now.

There have been other complaints about it too:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/No-audio-on-one-movie-in-the-Roku-Ch...

They all need to contact Roku directly, or @RokuMary-F  needs to report it for them (shes currently stuck in cookbook recipe mode instead of just reporting the issue to the content engineers):

chat or email:   https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options        (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Stick it (movie) on Roku Channel no volume

Hello @copyleft

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We have passed the information along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue. Once an update is available, we will notify the Community. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ljf25403
Reel Rookie

StreamerUser tried and has no effect whatsoever, the issue is with Roku itself and someone probably set an incorrect parameter which they need to fix.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Further testing reveals its the DD5.1 audio stream that is problematic - the PCM 2.0 stream is fine:

Workaround solutions (until they fix the DD5.1 stream):

1) Change Settings/Audio/Audio mode=Stereo  (switch back to =Auto when done)

or

2) Play movie, press Options (*), select Volume mode=Leveling or Night (switch to OFF when done)

NOTE:  These work for all models except the 4800 (Ultra 2020) due to a bug in its Volume modes in OS10.0.0-4195.

@RokuDanny-R  Please forward all this info to the content/firmware engineers, including the bug in OS10.0.0-4195 for the 4800 for the Volume modes not working (broken for all audio configurations)

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: No audio on one movie in the Roku Channel app

Further testing reveals its the DD5.1 audio stream that is problematic - the PCM 2.0 stream is fine:

or

2) Play movie, press Options (*), select Volume mode=Leveling or Night (switch to OFF when done)

NOTE:  These work for all models except the 4800 (Ultra 2020) due to a bug in its Volume modes in OS10.0.0-4195.

@RokuDanny-R  Please forward all this info to the content/firmware engineers, including the bug in OS10.0.0-4195 for the Volume modes not working (broken for all audio configurations)

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

or

@RokuDanny-R  @RokuKariza-D Please forward all this info to the content/firmware engineers, including the bug in OS10.0.0-4195 for the 4800 for the Volume modes not working (broken for all audio configurations)

Cosman14
Reel Rookie

This did not work for me 🙁. I tried both the volume/audio settings and it still has no sound. I also tried it from. My phone and that had no sound either.

0 Kudos
Cosman14
Reel Rookie

Movie "Stick It" has no sound

I know this topic was posted before but it was 3 weeks ago, so just wanted to check and see if there was an update for when the sound issue will be fixed with the movie "Stick It". O love the movie and hope to be able to watch 🙂

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Movie "Stick It" has no sound

Update 5/31/21, appears that the audio problems on movie "Stick It" playing on Roku Channel have been resolved.  Worked on both my Insignia RokuTV and also my Roku players without having to change Volume Mode as indicated before.  For those having troubles before especially on RokuTVs, should be able to watch now as intended.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos