Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Hi everyone,

Please be aware that despite this issue occurring since last year, Roku has recently released the newest OS 11.0. If the issue is still happening since the latest update, it would indicate that there is an issue with the channel that the channel provider would need to investigate. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

As I previously stated, in order for us to investigate the issue further and to work with the channel provider, we will need more details about what you are currently existing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@hiku 

Thanks for the post and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrCeeDub
Channel Surfer

Oh look, we’ve come full circle to the same song and dance again. 🙂

“A new OS is out, maybe it fixed it, but really, we don’t care.”

What an embarrassment. 

0 Kudos
DrCeeDub
Channel Surfer

Replaced my Roku Ultra with an Apple TV and cancelled DirecTV. Done with this nonsense.

Still have a few weeks of DirecTV left and guess what, no sound issues on the Apple TV. I guess DirecTV likes Apple TV better? Or maybe Apple TV fixed it? Who knows and who cares, two large companies not able to work together on fixing an issue is truly the best way to lose customers. Good riddance to you both.

FYI, looks like Best Buy (and maybe others?) have a deal right now. $129 for Apple TV 4K (32 GB) 2nd generation, which is $50 off the usual price. Great deal. Couldn't pass it up and happy with the purchase so far. Back to YouTube TV and Apple fits better into my ecosystem of devices anyway. Cheers!

0 Kudos
MyUserNameHere
Reel Rookie

Maybe if we all rate the DirectTV Stream app 1 star with audio quality as reason it will get DirectTV Stream to pay attention.

1. Highlight the app in Roku and press the *
  2. Select 1 Star and when prompted for a reason select "Poor video or audio quality".

I have the same problem on 4 different Rokus and only with the DirectTV Stream app. We chose DirectTV because its the only way to get the YES network (live Yankees games). If DirectTV Stream remains the only way to get live Yankees games, we will be forced to dump the Rokus and switch to AppleTV or Fire devices, even though I feel this is DirectTV Stream's problem to solve - its their job to make a functional app for Roku, or don't offer it as an app for Roku.

We live in the Yankees market so mlb.tv is not an option for live games for us.

Ddots5
Reel Rookie

After dealing with consistent audio increases with static 5 minutes into Jimmy Fallon's monologue (how the **bleep** is there static distortion on a digital signal?!?) that's 'fixed' by switching to a different station and then back. AND trying to use direct TV app on my phone while traveling I can only conclude that AT&T doesn't give two s#@!s about their garbage streaming product. 

This isn't Roku because other services work without any issues.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JOINT2JOINT
Channel Surfer

Are you not listening. It's RANDOM on all channels,,,do your job!

0 Kudos
JOINT2JOINT
Channel Surfer

READ the post. It happens on ALL models on ALL channels,,,,DO YOUR JOB!!!!

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@JOINT2JOINT  if you’re referring to all channels on the Roku itself, then you probably own either a defective Roku, or you need to do the remove / restart / reinstall method.  Or you can simply check your internet router and / or make sure your Roku is powered through the wall outlet and not the TV USB port.

If it happens on all channels on the DirecTV app then it’s not Roku’s fault.  Obviously it could be DirecTV’s because they are the one that develops the channel and needs to fix the issues.  Roku does not develop the channel.  Most channels on Roku devices are maintained by the developer company.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
NGBmad

I also have the same problem. This is an app BUG that goes back at least 4 to 5 years. I left ATT TV for same reason. They have no resolution and no escalation path. I’ll have to find another streaming service. 

0 Kudos