Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carse
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

I'm just trying to keep it all in perspective: From the power of the PC, all the way down to the little power of TV boxes. 

NVIDIA makes excellent PC graphics cards' So they made a TV box which has top ratings on the internet.  

It's only been involved with the TV market for a few years. The TV app market has not caught up to NVIDIA yet.

I believe YOUtube is compatible with NVIDIA SHIELD.  

I'm in a wait and see state. like I said, I could always bypass the dumb little TV box and drive it from my PC.

There is even a company that makes a nice little remote that combines the keyboard, mouse, and remote all into one nice compact device. And it'll remotely drive TV boxes to boot. Oh and some smart TVs.

That's all Folks!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue further, however we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bromano
Reel Rookie

Danny:

If you look through this thread back far enough, you will see my post that states that I have a Roku Premium, Ultra, and 2 TV's.  It sound distortion kicks in randomly and on all channels within the DirecTV Stream app.  All the other "channels" do not have the issue.  In order to get the sound back to normal, I have to move up one channel within the DirecTV Stream app and back to the one I was watching.  After doing that, the sound returns to normal for a random amount of time...from seconds to hours.  It is not reproduceable by us. It happens randomly on its own.  I can only reproduce the fix by changing the channel within the DirecTV Stream app.

Thanks,

Brian Romano

hiku
Channel Surfer

My experiences with the sound issue conform with everything 'bromano' said is his reply post.

I'm using the Roku Ultra 4660X that Direct TV gave as a promotion when they first started years ago.

The problem is that the sound level randomly dies or, else, gets super loud - and it only occurs with Direct TV. It happens with any program; and is temporarily remedied by shifting the program to another channel and back.

I also sense a distortion in the audio's high frequencies (easily heard in the background audio of movies etc), and it gets worse as a loud/soft problem event nears in time.

One thing I did notice early on, was that the sound would occasionally get get progressively out of sync with the video; and that it was somehow tied to the "commercial break" segment that was also introduced at that time. The only way to reset the sync required a massive rest (don't recall exactly what)  such as deleting and reinstalling the app.

I recall that the loud/soft sound problem first reared it's head after Direct TV attempted to remedy the sync issue - which BTY has recently resurfaced for me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bromano @hiku

Thanks for the posts.

In order for us to further investigate this issue, we will need more detailed information. Can you please provide the requested information in my previous post?

Once we have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mandmporcelli
Channel Surfer

Danny thanks but i got rid of all of my rokus and replaced them with Apple Tvs and the problem is no longer present.  Good luck to you all with Roku devices.  

0 Kudos
hiku
Channel Surfer

Requested Info:

Time: aprox. 4:18PM EST - Channel: IFC: Movie 'Rocky'

Device: Roku Ultra; 4660X

Software: 11.0.0.

Build: 4193-46

Timestamp: 2022-06-03t20:20:11Z

Issue ID: 08-221-540

Build: 3140105

Version: 3.28

0 Kudos
DrCeeDub
Channel Surfer

@danny, like what the AF? This thread is full of information on this issue. The forum is full of threads like this. Reddit is full of this, and you want to make it sound like Roku wants to actually help? If you want to help, read the dang thread and help instead of this insincere nonsense.

Absolutel bonkers!

DrZeus
Reel Rookie

I concur Dr.

This "moderator" can't possibly be concerned about this issue. Simply a talking head.

There are pages and pages of complaints re this issue with specifics. It's reproducible on nearly all roku platforms and you don't need specifics to realize that there exists an issue with either the direct TV stream app or the roku device.

Prove me wrong "" Danny", roku moderator"- let us know what your engineers have to say about this when you forward the error to them... It's only been 1+ years... 

Poppy2
Streaming Star

Hey Danny. You can read through all the posts just like all of us have. And like the previous poster said, this has been going on for over a year. Many models of Rokus, so you should easily be able to replicate the problem. Do your job and read the posts, and don't pass it off like you don't have enough information. If you were working for me and told my customer that, you'd be looking for another job buddy! Quit being lazy, and READ the posts! Over a year and this hasn't been resolved. How's about posting a support phone or email also so your customers can actually CONTACT support directly regarding your products!