Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillinGa
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

I am having the same issue. Tv is a Samsung. I had this issue with my first roku (approx. 2 year old model connects via a cable), and with my new Streaming Stick 4k with voice remote. Network is att cable internet 24mb, with a Netgear nighthawk  extender.

I thought replacing the roku would fix the issue, but it didn’t.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DrZeus
Reel Rookie

Just upgraded from roku ultra (4660x2) to Streaming stick+(3811r) at Christmas 2021. Issue persists although, probably not as consistently but, just as annoying. Not sure what this experiment suggests tho. My guess is either that Roku's in general are not up to the task or its an att stream now issue. I know this doesn't help much but, perhaps, it'll stop some other poor soul from making the same mistake. 

0 Kudos
Davida1949
Reel Rookie

So many complaints on the directv stream sound . I know it is the app since everything else works perfect on all of my roku sticks. I mean every other app. It's a software thing with directv stream. I might go back to it if they would fix it. BBuuttttt. Lol. 😎✌

0 Kudos
Dquick

I have been struggling with direct TV streaming issues for years now. Buffering has been ongoing and we have gigabit. The sound issues as described in this thread have been relatively new. We tried Sling but that lineup just doesn't do it for us and neither do any of the other services out there. So back to trying to make Direct TV work. We took a gamble and bought a new Apple TV for our main living room TV and I have to say, so far so good. No buffering,  no audio nonsense and a better interface. I know it's expensive compared to Roku but if the Roku doesn't work then what's the point. You get what you pay for.

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

Tired of Roku not asking DirecTV to fix their channel. There is obviously a problem by the number of posts here. You would think that Roku, not wanting to lose customers, would address this issue with DirecTV Stream to correct the issues.

0 Kudos
DAVES1

Am having the same problem on all of my Roku / DirecTV set ups.  Roku and DirecTV need to get this figured out. Did I miss something? Did someone figure out a fix?

0 Kudos
DrZeus
Reel Rookie

You didn't miss anything. Pretty sure there's no fix within this thread. Issue remains with various Roku standalones as well (apparently) with Roku TV's too?  Someone (Roku or Directv) needs to stand up to the plate and fix this issue. I would think that each would benefit from a properly working system. 

0 Kudos
bromano
Reel Rookie

I am not sure, but it seems to be happening more frequently than previously, too.  Most of the time, I hear a noise spike just prior to the issue manifesting itself (garbled, or no sound, or loud volume, etc.).  And yes, I have the same issue with Roku TV, Roku Ultra and Roku Premium.  BUT...only the DirecTV Streaming app.  Everything else works fine.

0 Kudos
YaleM4208
Reel Rookie

My DirecTV bill went up again this month and I can get the same content cheaper from Xfinity now. Pretty sure switching providers will solve the sound problem

0 Kudos
Uraxatrol

I am having the same issue with only one of my roku products....the 4k stick. Which I have 2...and one sounds like a tin can and eventually just stops audio all together. The other 4k stick or roku tv has no issues with the direct TV app. I hope Roku throws down some pressure to get this fixed. 

0 Kudos