Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanexpress74
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

This one works perfect, I switched all of mine to this model, it’s flawless,This one works perfect, I switched all of mine to this model, it’s flawless,

Has to be the older premier not the small new one

0 Kudos
Davida1949
Reel Rookie

It's not the roku sticks . I changed to hulu live and never a prob. Youtube tv has no problem either. It's directv stream . Very sad they just won't fix the issue. A smart tech could. I'll get it back when it's fixed. 

0 Kudos
Daver0101
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem.  I have found that rewinding for even just a second fixes the audio issue until it happens again.  At least this saves you form missing out on what you are watching by switching to a different channel.  Hopefully Roku or Directv come up with a solution.

0 Kudos
Mandmporcelli
Channel Surfer

I have given up.  Bought an Apple TV this weekend and boom problem solved.  Unfortunately for Roku I will no longer be buying their products which is a shame because I rather like them.  I am sick of having to deal with the frustration of the sound issues I originally posted about as well as what seems to be increased frequency of out of sync sound issues now and other performance issues.  

good luck all.  There won’t be a fix for this from Roku and as I am not prepared to give up directv stream I guess I move away from Roku products.  

0 Kudos
bromano
Reel Rookie

I have 4 different Roku types running the DirecTV app - Ultra, RokuTV, Premier, Roku Stick.  I also have the app running a PC and Amazon Firestick.  The issue is solely isolated to all the DirecTV apps running on Roku.  I don't ever seem to have the volume / noise issue on the PC or Amazon Firestick.  This is driving me crazy and I have spent a lot of money on devices.  I really don't want to have to replace all the Roku devices but my primary TV watching is through the DirecTV app on a Roku Ultra and on a Roku TV.  Does this then come down to a DirecTV responsibility or Roku?

0 Kudos
willix
Binge Watcher

Everyone who contributes to this board is tired of your bull**bleep**.. It is the fault of your company for marketing a product that does not work. PERIOD.  You are to blame for allowing a service on your platform that does not work. PERIOD.  They are at fault for having a product that they claim works on your platform but does not. PERIOD.  Deal with it or get out of the market!!! 

Dewing

I have the same thing happening.  I have used multiple Roku sticks on different TVs and even in different locations.  I just switched from Sling to Directv Stream and now I am experiencing this problem on Directv Stream only.  No problem on any other channel.  This is without a doubt a Directv Stream issue.  Volume very unstable.  Volume fine then switches to really low, then comes back up very loud, then sometimes very full of static.  Something is going on with Directv and I cannot for one minute think this could possibly be Roku.  Never had this problem until switching from Sling to Directv Stream.  And don't have the problem on Roku channel, Youtube, or any other streaming service.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated previously in this thread, if other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Directv channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Daver0101
Reel Rookie

Why is it the consumers responsibility to make sure applications/channels work on the Roku devices.  Certainly Roku has a much higher probability of pushing Directv to fix the issue than the consumer will.  Is there not an agreement or terms that the content providers sign up to when they launch an application/channel in the Roku store that addresses performance issue requirements? 

0 Kudos
Davida1949
Reel Rookie

It is absolutely the directv stream app that has the problem. Roku sticks are great. You tube tv, and every other app works great. I changed to Hulu live tv from the Directv stream and have not had one problem. I wish Roku would get on the directv stream people since they are doing them a great service by allowing them to use roku . And tell them to fix the problem. Directv stream says, try this oe that, when its not going to work until they fix their problem. Thanks for listening to me. Have a nice day and a great holliday season. 🙂

0 Kudos