Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanexpress74
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Mine did the same thing, every roku I used did it, I unplugged my sound bar which was close to the roku and it stopped 

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

It's doing it more frequently now. I'm really getting fed up with DirecTV and Roku. Maybe I'll ask them for a refund for every month until they fix it.

0 Kudos
LHcapecod
Reel Rookie

Great, but only one of our TVs have a sound bar and the other  5 we have w/o sound bars are all doing it. Direct TV only (not Netflix, Amazon Prime). 

0 Kudos
LHcapecod
Reel Rookie

Or….switch to another streaming provider. I am so close to that solution!! Frustrating!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Directv channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. I'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DeanW

Given that Amazon is currently selling their Fire TV Stick 4K for $25 it was worth it for me to drop Roku and change over to get away from this annoyance.

0 Kudos
Tpysz77

I thought it was just my TV but it seems that it’s both of my TVs and I don’t think that both of them the volume would be going at the same time considering them TVs were bought a few years apart. 
The volume goes super loud or super quiet and if you change the channel it goes back to normal. 

0 Kudos
Ryanexpress74
Reel Rookie

I changed to the roku priemere 2018 model the puck style, all issues are gone, it’s the certain rokus that cause the issues, I bought 1 for all the TVs in the house and threw out the new models I had, it’s the roku that doesn’t work with the app

0 Kudos
willix
Binge Watcher

Roku is abrogating their responsibility in this matter and a class action is going to be the result.  Roku has sold millions of units that no longer work correctly due to your changing of the operating system and attempt to push responsibility onto other vendors.  You cannot hide behind the "it's not our problem" any longer.  The simple fact is until you changed your operating system all the units worked. Now they don't.  I have bought your latest unit and although the unit works on the sound issues, it is still buggy in other and new areas.  I have four televisions hooked up with Roku units.  All are affected.  I even installed a relatively new unit with the remote that has the mute button on the side, and it runs fine for a length of time and then the tv screen goes haywire, the sound starts blaring an 80 decibel static noise for about four seconds, then the TV turns off completely.  Turn the power to the remote back on and it comes back, but only for 15 minutes or an hour, then the process repeats again. I am going to call our the national NBC affiliate in Washington DC and have their consumer reporter made aware of the terrible response that Roku has shown throughout this entire ordeal and let them recommend that NO one buy any Roku products until you either fix your software or recall or replace all of the now faulty units.  Your users are no longer "loyal users" that you once had.  We are angry and Roku had shot itself in the foot with its careless disregard for consumers who have paid good money for a product which no longer works as advertised - fraud by any definition.

0 Kudos
DJP411

I have the exact same issue with random volume changes and loud static outbursts on 2 different Roku Ultras only with the DirecTV Stream app.  All other apps work fine. I also experience regular breaks in the audio when using any other audio setting on the Roku Ultra than Stereo. This is true for both of my Roku Ultras with two different TV brands and only with the DirecTV Stream app. Very frustrating that my surround sound system is crippled to Stereo only when using DirecTV Stream on Roku. I feel it is DirecTV that is responsible to work with Roku to fix this issue. So far it appears they do not even acknowledge there is a problem. I'd like to move to my Chromecast with Google TV but there is no DirecTV Stream app for that platform yet. Looks like Google TV with YouTube TV is in my future. I'm sure neither Roku nor DirecTV will care about my departure after many years of loyalty. But looks to me like this issue will just add to the growing list of challenges Roku and DirecTV are facing (individually and jointly). Karma can be a **bleep**.

0 Kudos