Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurtlePJ
Level 7

Sound Issues on Hulu and Netflix

2 different issues:

on Hulu the video and audio do not synch properly after ads; and

on Netflix sound will not always come on and I have to rewind system to pick up sound

19 REPLIES 19\
Holvdest
Level 7

Sound

My sound works throughout the tv. But when I get into channels such as Netflix. And or Hulu when I get into a show and it’s like I put the tv on mute even tho I didn’t I tried fixing settings nothing works. Can anyone help.? It happens sometimes like if I get it to work then it’s good but the next time I try to watch tv it does it again. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Sound Issues on Hulu and Netflix

@TurtlePJ @Holvdest 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Holvdest
Level 7

Yes just tried that. It didn’t work Smiley Sad 

laurenicolea93
Level 7

Re: Sound

Having same problem 

TurtlePJ
Level 7

Doesn’t work 

thecaseys320
Level 7

Same issues. I have to go out to the main menu and wait a few minutes then go back into the show. Sound comes back on but it’s garbled. So I have to either let it play like that for a few mins or back back to the main menu again. This has been going on for weeks. We’ve restarted roku made sure it’s updated removed channels re-added channels nothing helps 😕

FTW420
Level 7

Hello there RokuDanny-R!! I just wanted to say HUGE thank you for your very helpful advise!! 

I just had the same problem and decided to see if I could find a solution by doing a Google search!! This discussion board thread just so happen to be the first thing that popped up and upon reading the whole thread I decided to give what you had posted a try all in high hopes that nothing else would end up going wrong!! Well......to my total and complete surprise.....IT WORKED!! Now I'll know what to do if it ever happens again!!

THANK YOU!!!

Tags (1)
ShaquanRump
Level 7

No, no it did not work. Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Inflowfanatix
Level 7

Try clearing the cache... from the home screen press the home button 5 times, press the up button 1 time, press the rewind button 2 times, then press the fast forward button 2 times. The T.V. will reboot itself after a minute. This worked for me.

0 Kudos