Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streaming_fan
Level 9

Sometimes confusing: Roku Channel and Featured Free recommendations are sometimes not the same

Is it just me or does anybody else occasionally find this to be a bit confusing?  The recommendations on Featured Free and at The Roku Channel are sometimes not the same.

Example: Right now, the first suggestion under Home and Garden at Featured Free is Property Brothers.  But if you go all the way through Home and Garden on The Roku Channel, Property Brothers is not there.

So, tonight, this confused me.  I guess, I the first time I was browsing Featured Free and I saw Property Brothers.  But then, later, when I went to find it again, I guess the second time I went to The Roku Channel and looked in Home and Garden and it wasn't there.  See?

Is it just me or does anybody else occasionally find this situation to be a bit confusing?

Thank you for reading.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Sometimes confusing: Roku Channel and Featured Free recommendations are sometimes not the same

Here's a Roku page about Featured Free.  If you watch the animation of someone browsing Featured Free, you'll see that as each is selected, a logo at the top left shows where that show is.  In the video, only one of them is on the Roku channel.  The Roku channel is only one of ~ 4000 channels on a Roku device, and many/most of those channels are Free.

0 Kudos