Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
almondsareyummy
Channel Surfer

Someone Else Logged Into YouTube On My Roku

I keep my bedroom locked up pretty tight.  Out of nowhere, another family member’s YouTube account was logged into on my Roku TV.  Was there any way this could have happened outside of them getting inside my room and logging into it themselves?  I keep a lock on my door with concrete covering the screws, it’d be nearly impossible for someone to get in here without breaking something or leaving an obvious trace.  They said they didn’t come in here.

0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Someone Else Logged Into YouTube On My Roku

@almondsareyummy 

I've not experienced a Roku YouTube app being logged in to any YouTube account unless the user was actually using the Roku.

Unless YouTube has changed the functionality of their apps to pick up users from other devices, then someone was on your device.

I have been unable to link other accounts to my YouTube app on my Roku, using both iPhone and Android devices, from the phone itself. Using the Roku seems to be necessary, as I would expect.

My thoughts are that someone was on your Roku. They must like it. Now you know what to get them for Christmas.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
almondsareyummy
Channel Surfer

My room has a latch on it with two locks.  The screws have been covered by JB weld.  The only way inside this room is through the windows, and we tape the curtains down to the windows.  If someone came in through a window, they couldn’t get back in to fix the tape.  It’s really unlikely someone came in here.  I make it clear that I don’t want anyone coming in here without my knowledge and I take many precautions to keep that from happening.  I hope I get more replies to find out whether this is the only way someone could’ve logged in on my device, if it’s not there’s going to be some problems for the person who did.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@almondsareyummy 

Did your motion sensor that's a part of your alarm system show any activity?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
almondsareyummy
Channel Surfer

I didn’t mention anything about an alarm system.  Do you like being rude to people?  I have my own personal reasons for not wanting people in here.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@almondsareyummy 

I just assumed you had one. I have one as part of my Ring system. I didn't realize asking someone about something I myself have was rude. I'll step away and let you deal with others, if you find my question out of line.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
almondsareyummy
Channel Surfer

I’m sorry.  I thought you were trying to make a joke at me.  I didn’t realize your question was genuine.  I apologize.

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Are there multiple Roku's using the same Roku account? It's possible somebody changed it on one and it was duplicated over to the others.

0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

I think it is possible to log into YouTube on roku using just YouTube app on mobile device.

If YouTube can "hear" the roku via the wufu direct link used for screen casting, it can trigger a login.

This could happen between nearby apartments or similar through the walls, accidentally.

Disable screen casting/mirroring on your Roku to prevent this, and in the Roku YouTube app, log the other account out.  I think the YouTube app on roku also has a forget function in its settings menu.

Not a Roku employee
almondsareyummy
Channel Surfer

My screen mirroring mode is set to prompt, and I don’t remember getting a prompt to confirm this.  Is there any way it could have happened without a prompt?