Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Some shows on Roku Channel do not load

Two shows, that I am trying to watch, on Roku Channel, will not load.  It says e.g. "Play S1 E1".  I hit OK, or Play and it just loops back to "Play S1 E1".  Other shows play OK.

I am using a Roku Express.  Shows that I am trying to watch are "Kingdom" and "Peep Show".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Some shows on Roku Channel do not load

Thanks for the note here. There are a few things that could be occurring. 

If your Roku account location/region, and internet connection location do not match, this can cause these types of issues. I'd recommend visiting www.whatismyip.com to check the current location that your internet connection is reporting. If this differs from the region in which you created your Roku account (such as a US internet connection, but a Canadian Roku user account), you may encounter issues when trying to play content due to licensing restrictions. If your internet connection location is showing incorrectly, you'll need to contact your ISP to report the issue and request that they resolve it. 

If that doesn't appear to be the issue, please continue to let us know more specifics around the content titles you observe issues with on The Roku Channel (as you've done above) and we'll help take a closer look. I've passed along your report for those two titles to our team to review. 

Thanks,

tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for the reply.

My IP address has always been here, in Canada.

Many shows, on the Roku Channel, work fine, but some do not, which is frustrating.  As I indicated, a show, such as "Kingston", displays 3 seasons available, but, when I try to play an episode it will not.  It will say e.g. "Play S1 E1".  I will hit play (tried both the Play button and the Centre button) and it just loops back to "Play S1 E1".  

When I tried to contact Support re this, the online response was that there was no support for this issue (?!).  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Gwinegarden Apologies for the experience. I have passed this feedback along to our team who is looking into the issue. The only scenario where this behavior may occur is when someone is trying to use a VPN, which is not supported.

Please let me know if you come across any other titles that exhibit this behavior.

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Will do, thanks.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have this exact same problem on the Roku Channel.

TV Show is called Missing  - episode 1 and 3 loop back to the episode screen after hitting either play or ok.  I was able to watch episode 2 and finally gave up.

I use a streaming stick+  3810X  serial YH00G1609907

software version 9.2.0 build 4807-50

My ISP is US and so is my Roku account.  I do not use a VPN.

I'd love to watch the full show if possible.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Episode one does work if I watch it online...just found this out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@Wanderlust Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you're running into. 

Are you still seeing this issue? Did you try restarting both your device and your wireless modem/router? 

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Tried again last night.  Still just loops back to play episode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Still does it, nothing helped.

0 Kudos