Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkoz
Level 7

Some YouTube Videos play Green Screen

Jump to solution
I'm having a weird issue with YouTube on my Roku Ultra. Some YouTube videos - not all - seem to be playing green. I've even had the issue where some videos start playing, and then in the middle go to green. I can still hear them, but the video is only green. It's not a connection issue, as when I try to fast forward or rewind, I can see the video in the ffw or rwd panels. Here's a video specifically of the issue I'm having - https://youtu.be/d_YSr7ZHav0
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Some YouTube Videos play Green Screen

Jump to solution
A few things to try..

Reboot your Roku
Try a new HDMI cable (make sure it's a 4K cable)
Try a different HDMI port on your TV.

If that doesn't work, see if you get the same problem when you set your TV type to 1080p, just to rule out the 4k setting as the problem.

What kind of TV is this?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Jump to solution
A few things to try..

Reboot your Roku
Try a new HDMI cable (make sure it's a 4K cable)
Try a different HDMI port on your TV.

If that doesn't work, see if you get the same problem when you set your TV type to 1080p, just to rule out the 4k setting as the problem.

What kind of TV is this?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10

View solution in original post

atc98092
Level 15

Jump to solution
I have occasionally encountered this, and the only resolution was to reboot the Roku. I believe I've seen it on both 1080 and 4K players, but can't honestly say for sure. And of course YouTube has released a new version fairly recently, and I can't say if I've seen it since then. It's tough getting old.  Smiley LOL
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
kkoz
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks for the tips, I rebooted, replaced the HDMI, used a different HDMI port, and updated the YouTube app on the Roku.  Not sure exactly which thing was causing the issue, but it does seem to be fixed now.  Thanks for the tips and advice!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jesscrafty
Level 7

Jump to solution
Thanks. Rebooting solved the issue, when attempts at other resolutions failed. 
0 Kudos
70sWoodstock
Level 7

Jump to solution
Yes, rebooting worked for me as well. Thanks for the tip.
0 Kudos
boxt
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was having the green issue with a few youtube channels, not all.  Reboot of ROKU player fixed it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos