Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Froggylover66
Reel Rookie

Some Videos on YouTube won't load

So last week, my YouTube app stopped working properly. I can still access it and it loads up fine, but certain videos just cause a black screen, or an endless loading bar. Some load fine but others don't and it seems random. Is their anyway to fix this?

Tags (2)
28 REPLIES 28
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Some Videos on YouTube won't load

Hey @Froggylover66

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on YouTube or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Froggylover66
Reel Rookie

Hey there @RokuKariza-D !

Unfortunately that didn't work. Ive tried using other apps and they seem to work fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Froggylover66

Thanks for the update.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We apperciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

I am having trouble with my YouTube app on my Roku device too,some videos won't load like they should,I've done everything that has been mentioned in other post and it still doesn't do any good.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Try this out. YouTube Help (google.com)

JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

Thanks but I've tried to reach out to Google and I can't find nobody to talk to or no contact information,no phone number for technical support.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Google does not have a number, but google does have support community YouTube Community (google.com)

0 Kudos
JKTaylor
Binge Watcher

Yes,I've posted my issues and I've done everything the support team suggested and recommended and still no change,so I don't what else to do.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I own 3 Roku TV's that most of the time there are no issues with youtube on my TV's. The only thing that I have ever needed to do to get a video play was to restart my TV.

1. Press Home home button on Roku remote on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart
0 Kudos