Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elijah98
Level 7

Some Channels Not Accessible???

I am currently having difficulty accessing the Prime Video, Hulu, Disney Plus, and Plex channels. I am able to login, but I am not able to play movies or TV shows. When I open the channels, it tells me there's a connection problem, but I checked my WiFi connection and it is working. I unplugged and restarted my Roku, I even removed and re-added the channels, but I am still having the same issue. Can anyone help??

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Some Channels Not Accessible???

@elijah98 

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to stream from other channels? Are you seeing an error when you are trying to launch the channel?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
WebCrawler
Level 8

Hello RokuDanny,

Can YOU play these channels?  Now, there's an interesting question, isn't it?

The assumption of American tech companies is that the root cause of the issue is always due to the end-user, not the tech company.

I have been using computers since 1978.  The assumption by the tech company (or the convenient exuces to get ride of the valuable "customer") is always that I am the root cause of the issue, not the tech company.  The tech company is always the root cause of the issue, not me.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@WebCrawler 

Thanks for the inquiry.

To answer your question, yes we are able to access the mentioned channels that @elijah98 has listed with the Roku device they are using. Because we are not able to reproduce the issue they are reporting, we are requesting more information before we can do any troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos