Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brak55
Level 7

Some Apps Not Showing Menu Images

In the last few days, a number of apps (Twitch, Shout! TV) have stopped showing the menu images or are extremely slow in displaying them.

Is anyone else having this problem or can someone suggest a fix?
0 Kudos
18 Replies
Chom1001
Level 7

Re: Some Apps Not Showing Menu Images

What model is your roku?
0 Kudos
Brak55
Level 7

It's a Roku 3.
0 Kudos
dssonic
Level 7

I see this often and it appears to be a temporary glitch - if you press left until you leave the channel grid and go into the menu options, then press right to go back into the channel grid do they reappear?
0 Kudos
theuser86
Level 7

1. Are you using an SD card in your Roku?
2. If all else fails, factory reset your Roku. It will clear the device and re-install all your channels once you re-link it to your Roku account. Should fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Brak55
Level 7

Not using an SD card.

I had wondered about a Factory Reset. I'll give that a try.
0 Kudos
dluxx909
Level 7

I am having the same problem. Thumbnails are not loading for me on Twitch or even on the Channel Store. If i reboot the Roku 3 all thumbnails load fine the first time but if I go back to any of the menus the thumbnails no longer load. This has been happening for the last 3-4 days. I moved my router into the room with the Roku just so I can try a wired internet connection, but that made no difference. Any suggestions?
Roku 3 (4114AF030112)
Version 6.2 Build 3672
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Level 7

I suspect it may be part of the server problem Roku has been having the last several days.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos
Brak55
Level 7

Now, not only are the menu icons/thumbnails not showing up but every game that I choose to watch states "no channels found".

This started before I did a factory reset of my Roku but both problems persist after it was completed.
0 Kudos

"Brak55" wrote:
In the last few days, a number of apps (Twitch, Shout! TV) have stopped showing the menu images or are extremely slow in displaying them.

Is anyone else having this problem or can someone suggest a fix?

The Twitch app has been acting wonky the past week or more. Along with the non-loading thumbnails, it is unique among the 80-odd apps I have loaded in that it often can and will lock up my Roku 3. Sometimes just for a handful of seconds, but other times it completely freezes the device, requiring a hard reboot. And starting just this weekend (I'd estimate the evening of Friday, Aug. 21) it will not return any results when you either click on one of the game/stream thumbs, or perform a manual search. Something is definitely borked with that particular app. Hope they fix it soon.
0 Kudos