Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Solved! ROKU Randomly Changing Channel

ALEXA device detected ROKU, and when ALEXA was directed to play a song, it sent the search request through ROKU. As a result, ROKU changed from Amazon Prime (while we were watching a movie), to the ROKU channel and seared for the song title.

What occurred:
My son, in another room, asked his ALEXA device to PLAY FIREFLIES (a song).
ALEXA accessed the ROKU in my room, caused it to change channel, and search ROKU (channel) for FIREFLIES.

Notes: In my ALEXA (phone) app, the ROKU device was DISABLED, yet ALEXA still was able to control the ROKU in my room.

Solution: Using the Alexa APP (on my phone), in the menu for devices, DELETE ROKU. Simply disabling ROKU does not work - it must be deleted from the app entirely.

Hope this helps you too.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Solved! ROKU Randomly Changing Channel

Thank you for reporting your findings. Let's hope that there are people with this problem that come here and actually SEARCH for existing answers instead of just blindly posting for help. Yeah, I know, that's sorta like hoping for world peace.

But, sincerely, thanks for sharing.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos