Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: [Solved] How do I get the roku aquatic life screensaver on my roku 3?

@Tmh3577   This screensaver is only available on the 4K capable players. The Roku 3 is not 4K. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Aquatic Life screensaver

Are the Aquatic Life screensaver real fish and is this a live feed from somewhere? It is totally awesome, but we're having differences of opinion as to whether or not they are real or totally animated. To me they look so real. I can see no "loops" in the action or repetitions. If it is animated, kudos to the developers!

Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Aquatic Life screensaver

I like it too except you cant hear the bubbles.

Its as real as you want it to be like that place over the rainbow.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

There was a discussion about its origins some time ago.  As I recall it's a screensaver ported from another platform.  It's totally animated as videos are not supported in screensavers.  Of course, some of the rules don't apply to Roku's own stuff.

-JT

Highlighted
Level 7

How to install "Aquatic Life screensaver" on roku ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15

I believe it's only available on 4k devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: [Solved] How do I get the roku aquatic life screensaver on my roku 3?

I have same issue on a Roku TV 8104x. It works great on an old TV with a Roku Express but get to cannot install error on a newer Roku TV. I've even tried deleting some apps. Error ID is

72-117-740

0 Kudos