Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meyerovb
Level 7

[Solved] How do I get the roku aquatic life screensaver on my roku 3?

I upgraded to latest software but the aquatic life screensaver still isn’t showing up as an option. not the 3rd party aquarium one, the roku aquatic life one.
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I get the roku aquatic life screensaver on my roku 3?

Hi there! 

Thanks for the note. That particular screensaver is only available on Roku devices that support 4K. 

You can see more here: https://support.roku.com/article/212015418-how-do-i-change-the-screensaver-on-my-roku-streaming-devi...

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
aa2019
Level 7

Re: [Solved] How do I get the roku aquatic life screensaver on my roku 3?

I have a Roku Premiere+ which supports 4K but cannot install this on my device.  It tells me "Channel install failed".  I can add it on the website but it never shows up on my device.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aa2019 

Please try restarting your device, and adding the channel once more. If you see the error message again, press the following sequence on your remote to generate an issue report tracker ID: 

- 'Home' button 5 times quickly, then the 'Back' button 5 times quickly. 

Please PM me with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About and the report tracker ID you generated. I can help take a closer look from there and see what the issue may be. 

Thanks! 
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
XavierL13
Level 7

Could you also consider adding this to 4K Roku TV's.  Have added the channel correctly on my account, but it never shows as available on my 4K RokuTVs, even after forcing system update.  Maybe its limited only to 4K "Devices", but not 4K RokuTV's? Thank you
Roku Cordcutting Family Since 2011: Synology NAS 8TB/Plex Server; AppleTV2+JB +Infuse;
Roku 2720R (x4); Roku Streaming Sticks (all 3versions); Roku Express+ 3710 (x2)/3910RW (x2);
Sharp RokuTV 32” 1080p 5316X; Hitachi RokuTV 4K UHD 50R8 / 6402X (x2)..
0 Kudos
aa2019
Level 7

The Aquatic Life screensaver all of a sudden appeared in my menu.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
HB
Level 7

How do I get the Aquatic Life Screensaver on my new Roku Express HD?

Previously I had tried to add the Aquarium Life Screensaver Roku channel but my old device wasn't 4K.  So, from that previous time, I already had "installed" the channel on my online account.  Now I have the new Roku Express HD,   I hooked it up and went online and see this channel is still installed, but I cannot find it under Screensavers, and when I go to add a channel, I can add new channels that I newly "install" from the online account, but cannot add Aquarium Life.  Please advise!

0 Kudos
HB
Level 7

Re: How do I get the Aquatic Life Screensaver on my new Roku Express HD?

Whoops!  Meant to say Aquarium Life both times.  I have the Aquarium screensaver but would much prefer Aquatic Life.

0 Kudos
HB
Level 7

I found Aquatic Life in the channel store by doing a word search.  But when I try to add the channel it says "Could not add 'Aquatic Life'."  Why can't I get this channel installed on my new Roku Express HD?

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

The Aquatic Life screensaver is only available on Roku devices that support 4K. 

For more information regarding this screensaver, please visit out Support page: How do I change the screensaver on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos