Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Woody35
Level 7

[Solved] Amazon content different on 2 Rokus

My two Roku devices show two different sets of Amazon Prime Video content on two TVs they're used with even though all devices have only ever been linked to one Amazon account for the past 3 years.  It's been like this since a household move from 5 miles away a few weeks ago.

Amazon Prime Video via Roku on TV #1 is fine and matches content on my Amazon account. (English language content, previously watched and new current selections all visible)

Amazon Prime Video via Roku on TV #2 only shows a selection of Japanese TV shows. This does NOT match the only Amazon Prime Video account I've ever used with it. (see TV #1 above)

Have reset everything more than once with no change. What would cause this and how do I get both Rokus/TVs showing the exact same content from the one Amazon account again?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
theuser86
Level 7

Re: Amazon content different on 2 Rokus

Your wireless network is password protected?

Factory reset your Roku giving you problem and set up everything like a new Roku and see what happens.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Woody35 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend launching the Amazon Prime Video channel, going into the Settings menu and de-registering the device from your account. Then, go back to the Roku home screen, and remove the channel by navigating to the channel tile and pressing the * key, then choosing 'Remove channel'. Once it is removed, go to Settings>System>Power>System restart. When the TV restarts, add the Amazon Prime Video channel back once more, and register it to your Amazon account again. 

If the issue still persists from there, you'll want to submit 'Feedback' from within the Settings menu of the Prime Video channel itself, and follow up with Amazon Prime Video support directly for more help investigating the issue you're seeing within their channel. 

Feel free to keep us posted with what you discover! 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Woody35
Level 7

Thanks so much! Your step-by-step was exactly what was needed to fix this issue!
0 Kudos