Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnathan
Level 7

So what if you want to stream your Apple Music collections to Roku?

As one of the most popular digital media player, Roku is a tiny box that connects to your television and allows you to easily enjoy the newest and hottest movies, TV shows, music from hundreds of media channels and network, including YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, etc. But unfortunately, Apple Music is not on the list. Just because Apple always makes everything so proprietary that it's impossible for people to enjoy their Apple Music tracks with more channels. For example, we can't stream Apple Music songs on Chromebook, Windows Phone. So what if you want to stream your Apple Music collections to Roku?Could the appearance of dzwonki na telefon change that?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: So what if you want to stream your Apple Music collections to Roku?

What happens? Disappointment happens.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

iTunes is not capable of acting as a DLNA server, but there are other options to do so. Windows has a built in streaming function, so if you add your iTunes library folder to the media server, you could use Roku Media Player to stream them. There's also a bunch of other options for low or no cost DLNA servers available for multiple OSs. I a partial to Serviio, but there are plenty of others available. Even Plex supports audio media, as well as videos. 

Naturally, your iTunes collections must not contain DRM coding. Since Apple dropped DRM from all their music many years ago, that shouldn't be a problem. If any do have DRM, then you can only listen to them on Apple devices. 

I realize you specifically said Apple Music. Unfortunately, that service is only available on a few non-Apple devices. And it appears that it's only available on Android devices. Roku uses a modified version of Linux, not Android, so not compatible. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PatsyWagner
Level 7

Oh, what a great idea. https://polskitones.com which also provides completely free music

0 Kudos