Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
loe
Reel Rookie

Smithsonian Plus will not work

Smithsonian Plus will not play on either of my Roku TV sets. I’ve tried restarting, resetting televisions and router. Also removed the channel and put it back in. Cancelled subscription and started up. Still doesn’t work. Now what?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
KIMOLSON

Re: Smithsonian Plus will not work

I have the same issue on all Roku device. 

allen65

I to have the same issue.  I can not watch it on Roku but i am able to see it on CBS all access.

gregbaran

Just saw on the Smithsonian site that they would discontinue the streaming channel. Looks like CBS All Access bought them. And it is $10 unfortunately.

Here is the link to that: https://help.smithsonianchannel.com/hc/en-us/articles/360056741133-Is-Smithsonian-Channel-Plus-being...

It would be nice to hear from Roku and they should stop our subscription if it is not going to work.

loe
Reel Rookie

This is the reply from ROKU. Although I tried it earlier and it did not work, I tried again today and it worked. When I went to “update,” one tv said it was up to date and the other wasn’t. I accessed the channel through the Roku channel and it worked. From Roku: “
Thank you for contacting Roku customer support. We understand that you are facing issues with the Smithsonian channel. We did see a brief service interruption and our team was investigating to resolve the issue. We believe that service interruption should be resolved. So, we request you to update the software on your Roku player by going to Settings>System>System update> Check Now.”

0 Kudos
samnsara

no wonder its not showed up on my bill for awhile...

0 Kudos