Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Smarters player app

@Geneny wrote:

I was told that roku was doing an upgrade and that the smarters player app would be back any time frame when this will happen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is the first time I’ve heard of it. Roku said it was a third party channel and I had to deal with the vendor directly so I canceled my subscription. I just went to a iptv through a iptv provider I was dealing with already and installed on a ndvidea sheild and use hdmi. U can also mirror onto a roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted

i was told that they are waiting on a update witch knowing them will take months 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Dumb move by ROKU.  It's forcing us to abandon ROKU and go to Firestick.  Cutting the Cord is the ONLY reason anyone uses ROKU.  I switched from Firestick to ROKU, but not forced to go back so the smarters player will work.  Smarters Player does work on Amazon Firestick.  That is your only option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

i'll be switching back to firetv as well 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Now stuck with Roku tv...coulda/shoulda gotten something else. LG tv allows for download. Stupid to have to use firestick on a roku

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I 100% agree. I don’t understand roku but maybe their platform isn’t for us if they do change for third party apps or channels as they call them catches up to the quick evolving iptv world nobody is gonna want to take the chance after all the issues going on with their platform. Yeah using a streaming device on a streaming device doesn’t make much sense

0 Kudos