Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Smarters player app

I was told that roku was doing an upgrade and that the smarters player app would be back any time frame when this will happen

7 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Smarters player app

@Geneny 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Nevermind.  Original reply removed as I didn't understand what "Smarters" referred to.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Our smarters player channel disappeared and when I try to add it back I get this message - The channel code provided is associated with a channel not available in your region.

My tv provider says it’s on Roku’s end. How can I find out what’s going on and if/when the issue will be resolved?

Highlighted
Level 7

I’m in the same situation and it’s very annoying not to have e Smarters / IPTV player.

Highlighted
Level 7

Its Rokus fault and yall better get it fixed... FAST 

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Geneny 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@Geneny 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Thanks,
Danny

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

H Danny, any update as to when the channel will be available again? Can you also clarify why it disappeared from my roku? I understand it may get pulled from the store so its no longer available for download but how can it get removed from my device in that case as it's downloaded locally? Surely this is Roku who have initiated the removal of the channel from devices?

Highlighted
Level 1

How do we stop the payments for the smarters channel 

0 Kudos