Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuckryan
Level 8

Small window

After I'm watching something for a little bit changes to a small window I have to go back and open the channel again to view full screen
9 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Small window

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Could you please provide more details about the issue you are seeing. Which Roku device are you using to watch? What channel are you watching your content on? Is this issue you are seeing specific to a certain title you are watching, and is it happening often? 

With more information, we can continue assisting you here! 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Stuckryan
Level 8

im using roku express

happens frequently about every half hour or so

don't matter what channel im on

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stuckryan Thanks! Could you please specify a few streaming channels that you select from the Roku home screen where this issue occurs, as well as an example content title for each? Please also let us know what brand and model of TV that your Roku device is connected to.

This information helps us investigate your report more thoroughly, and work toward a resolution. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Stuckryan
Level 8

USA is one it's actually an ad. Ir says ad 1 of4 goes to a small window but dosnt change back
Snunes1
Level 7

I am having the same issue and it all starts each time an ad starts.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Snunes1 Thanks for the note. A few more questions here: 

- Which model of Roku device are you using when you see this issue?

- Which streaming channel are you watching? 

- Do you know which ad starts playing when this issue occurs? 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Stuckryan
Level 8

Updates ?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stuckryan @Snunes1 Could you please follow up via private message here with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, your specific make/model of TV, along with a picture of this issue occurring on screen? Additional data will help in the continued investigation. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos

Anybody get an answer about the small window?  Mine only happens when watching NBC.  I have 3 TCL Roku TVs and it happens with all of them and only with my NBC app.

0 Kudos