Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tersuess
Level 7

Slow apps loading

After updating, it now always takes about 1 min for each app to load &’open. Not instantly like before. How can I fix? I have Roku Premiere

27 REPLIES 27\
Camark52
Level 7

Re: Slow apps loading

The same with me and I have the new streaming box very slow to load

0 Kudos
Jmont614
Level 7

Re: Slow apps loading need assistance

My Roku tv would show the loading screen when launching apps... then I read about clearing the cache and apps now open without even displaying the loading message.

To clear cache on Roku, first, you need to pair your Roku Remote with your device. Remove cache form Roku is done by using the Roku remote button. From the Roku Home screen, select the Home menu option. 

Then press the following remote buttons consecutively.

• Press the Home buttons 5 times.
  • Press the Up button.
  • Press the Rewind button 2 times.
  • Press Fast Forward 2 times.

After that, you have to wait for 15 to 30 seconds, the Roku device will clear the cache and junk files from the device and instantly restart your Roku streaming device.

MilkyPaperCo
Level 7

SOLVED!! thank you so much! 

Adria
Level 8

That did absolutely nothing to help with the slow loading of apps.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hello @Adria

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into? Does it only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it's just on one channel, you can try to remove the app > restart your Roku > re-install the channel. 

For detailed instructions, visit this Support article: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Adria
Level 8

All apps are slow to load and the the response time to the Roku remote is extremely delayed or even unresponsive. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks for following up, @Adria

Have you tried restarting both your router and Roku device? We would recommend starting there. 

You can also try re-pairing your remote by following the instructions below then see if that will resolve the issue. 

1. If your remote uses standard batteries, open the battery compartment and remove the batteries.
  2. Remove the power cable from your Roku device, wait 5 seconds, and then reconnect the power cable.
  3. Wait until your Roku device displays the home screen.
  4. Restart your remote.
    • Standard batteries: Reinsert the batteries into your remote.
  5. Press and hold the pairing button for 5 seconds until you see the status light begin to flash. If the light does not flash, try again. If the light still does not flash, charge your remote or replace the batteries.
  6. Wait for 30 seconds while the remote establishes a connection with your Roku device.
  7. The remote pairing dialog should appear on your TV screen.

For more remote troubleshooting steps, visit this Support article: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Adria
Level 8

I’ve done all that, multiple times. 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Thanks, @Adria

We would recommend a factory reset of your Roku device to see if that helps with the issue you're experiencing. 

Feel free to visit this Support link for instructions on how to factory reset a device: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos