Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robnelsons
Level 7

Slingplayer not found on iPhone

Since the Roku os8 update, the iPhone slingplayer app does not see my Roku and the cast button does not appear. It works on older Roku os versions

Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
42 Replies
Yourownhero
Level 7

Re: Slingplayer not found on iPhone

I am having this same issue on my iPhone and Android phone as well.

I just purchased a Roku Streaming Stick+ on the 26th.  I set it up that day, and was streaming slingplayer to it without incident. However, the function no longer works from either phone as of the 28th when I tried to use it again.  I have factory reset it, and it still doesn't work.

I believe there was an update that occurred from the day I set it up and used it to stream slingplayer, to now.  The stick is at 8.0.1 4018-50 currently.

I also have a Roku Premiere+ at 8.0.1 4018-29, and streaming slingplayer works without issue.
0 Kudos
laxpuck
Level 7

I'm having the same problem with Sling player for Android. Bought a Streaming Stick about two weeks ago. The casting icon/button has never shown up in Slingplayer on my Android phone.

In October I was able to cast to a friend's Roku TV with no problems.

Sling player tech support says that the streaming stick is supported but clearly it's not working. Does anyone know how to fix this??
0 Kudos
Yourownhero
Level 7

It seems to be related to the latest update, as when I used the Streaming Stick+ out of the box it worked, until it updated randomly later on to 8.0.1 4018-50.  I bought another Streaming Stick + and that updated to the current version (4018-50), and it doesn't work at all to that one.  It may be wise to call Roku support.

Streaming still works to my Premiere+. 

It appears Roku version 8.0.1 4018-50 doesn't work with the slingplayer app anymore. (I tried both paid and free slingplayer apps)

I would also bet you could still cast to your buddies Roku TV, pending it isnt on 8.0.1 4018-50.
0 Kudos
laxpuck
Level 7

Thanks for the info!!

If that's the case, does anyone know of a way to go back to the precious Roku firmware version?
0 Kudos
Yourownhero
Level 7

I just called Roku Support and the issue was escalated to the technical support team whom should be looking into it and contacting me sometime.  I sent them a screenshot showing that my premiere+ is showing up and not the Streaming Stick+ anymore.  I also gave them the version and build of both devices.

Hopefully they will look into it soon.

I would advise everyone having this issue that you all call as well, so we can get it escalated.  I purchased the Roku Streaming Stick+ mainly for this function.
0 Kudos
laxpuck
Level 7

I've exchanged a couple emails with Roku now. So far all they have said is "Talk to Slingplayer," but hopefully they will choose to be helpful. If not, I'll try calling.
0 Kudos
capitals26
Level 7

I also don't get a cast button with my Streaming Stick+ and Slingplayer on Android. But with my old, non-Plus Streaming Stick, I do still get the cast button. I tried virtually everything to try to get the cast button to appear with the Plus, but no dice.
0 Kudos
laxpuck
Level 7

Hey Capitals26, have you contacted Roku support about this issue?
0 Kudos
capitals26
Level 7

"laxpuck" wrote:
Hey Capitals26, have you contacted Roku support about this issue?

Not yet -- I don't want to waste too much of my time, as I can get it working on my other TV (with the older Streaming Stick). Also, I'm not sure what product is to blame...I've encountered similar issues with Slingplayer and Chromecast (the cast button won't appear), and that's when I decided to try the Roku. Looking through reviews of the Slingplayer app in the Google Play Store, many others reported the same problem with Chromecast and the button not appearing, or appearing sporadically.
0 Kudos