Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
granthe
Level 8

Re: Slingplayer no long supported

Jump to solution

When is this issue going to be figured out? I will no longer tell anyone about Roku and will be buying Chromecast devices from here on out.

Thanks

Grant

Highlighted

Re: Slingplayer channel no longer supported

Jump to solution

I purchased two Roku devices due to their support of my existing Slingbox.  I thought about Chromecast, but decided Roku was a better choice.  So far, I am very disappointed in the lack of response from Roku on this issue.  Definitely not the way to treat your customers.

Highlighted
mitchjs
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same here,  and got 2 TCL Roku tv's just cause of slingbox

so... need just some honesty out of Roku... just be honest if you removed the channel for your reasons

and if it wasnt you, let use know that... no boiler plate response....

Highlighted
Iszalinni
Level 7

Jump to solution
Was also annoyed when the error came up that Slingplayer wasn't supported on Roku last night, 09/23/19. Really really annoyed. I was able to screencast Slingplayer to my Insignia Roku tv using Note 8. It brought up full screen viewing but my Note 10+ chopped off a good bit of screen space even after adjusting settings. For now at least I found a work around, all wirelessly, FYI.
Highlighted
tim4umd
Level 8

Jump to solution

Via Chat on Facebook with Roku: Thanks for sending us a message. Roku strives to create an amazing entertainment experience for our customers by offering access to thousands of streaming channels. At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. In this case, the channel was requested to be removed by the channel partner.

You may reach out to Slinbox  for more information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
tim4umd
Level 8

Jump to solution

Connected Device Update – Roku:
The most recent Roku firmware update, that Roku rolled out this week, is not compatible with the Slingplayer app. The Slingplayer app will no longer be supported on any Roku device.
You can still use the Slingplayer app on Amazon Fire TV devices. We apologize for the inconvenience. screenshot_193.jpg

Highlighted
mitchjs
Level 8

Jump to solution

so there is the truth... slingbox is kinda a dead HARDWARE product... as sling media has moved on

so unless they update the channel code... we'll never see update from them (sling media)

im not so sure... as my Ultra still has older fw... well 9.1.0

i guess they just BLIND remove the channel

so kinda kills my TCL tv's i guess i can sell my Roku Ultra... and buy something else...

so... appletv or firetv guys?

Highlighted
rj0
Level 10

Jump to solution
Time to go buy an Amazon Fire TV device then. I bought Roku specifically for their SlingPlayer support. Time to junk that baby.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
rj0
Level 10

Jump to solution
As timing goes, could have been worse. Was looking over new Roku devices just a couple of weeks ago. Saved me from throwing money at a new Roku device. Royally PO'ed.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Champion
Level 7

Jump to solution
This is what’s posted on the Slingplayer home page....

Connected Device Update – Roku:
The most recent Roku firmware update, that Roku rolled out this week, is not compatible with the Slingplayer app. The Slingplayer app will no longer be supported on any Roku device.
You can still use the Slingplayer app on Amazon Fire TV devices. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Which means, if you want to continue using the Slingplayer, drop Roku and get an Amazon Fire Stick.
0 Kudos