Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Slingplayer no long supported

Jump to solution
The people st Slingplayer have no clue that it has been removed from Roku. What the hell? How do I get my money back?
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: NO MORE SLINGPLAYER

Jump to solution
it's not about just "finding entertainment". Its the only way I was able to watch my favorite sports teams without being a slave to paid subscription services to watch otherwise free channels, since I live 13 time zones away
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
Well Tanner. Multiple people here seem to have contacted Slingbox and they have indicated they have no idea why Roku has dropped the “channel” which completely contradicts the info Roku is providing that it was done at Slingbox’s request. You might want to think about elevating this for more than a cut and paste boiler plate response. You’ve likely got tens of thousands of seriously irate customers right now and this is beginning to sound like a major blunder.
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution
Thanks for following up.

We have shared this feedback directly with the channel provider for their awareness. Please continue to follow up with SlingPlayer / Slingbox for additional insight and support.

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Slingplayer channel no longer supported

Jump to solution

The proposed solution does not work. I have two Slingbox 500's and a M2, as well as 3 Roku devices from the stick to top of the line. All became inoperable within a couple hours last night (Sept 23, 2019) while in use with Slingplayer. I found the Google Chromecast had no problem with streaming the Slingplayer, which is the sole reason I bought the Roku. I put the Roku in the desk drawer and plan to purchase 2 more Chromecast units and perhaps an Apple Fire stick to see what it's like.

Alternative Solution: Use a Chromecast for Slingplayer.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
I have specifically BOUGHT a Roku because of the Slingplayer support. WHY did you remove it?
Highlighted
Level 8

Slingplayer

Jump to solution
I have specifically BOUGHT a Roku because of the Slingplayer support. Now you removed that. WHY?
(Chromecast doesn't work well at all).
Please clarify
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku as input to slingbox

Jump to solution

Roku Customer Support

james, Sep 24, 17:28 PDT:
Chat started: 2019-09-25 12:22 AM UTC
(12:22:07 AM) james: why did slingplayer quit working
(12:22:10 AM) *** Manaz joined the chat ***
(12:22:16 AM) Manaz: Hello James!
(12:22:18 AM) Manaz: Thank you for contacting Roku Support!
(12:22:50 AM) Manaz: I understand that you are inquiring about Sling player channel.
(12:23:23 AM) james: yes
(12:24:07 AM) james: sling player was the main reason I got a roku
(12:24:59 AM) Manaz: Let me check.
(12:27:16 AM) Manaz: Please be informed that, the Sling player channel has been removed from the Roku platform by the channel provider.
For more information, you can contact the channel provider regarding this.
(12:27:18 AM) Manaz: http://support.slingbox.com/contact
(12:27:27 AM) Manaz: Please visit the above link.
(12:27:56 AM) james: thank you
(12:28:24 AM) Manaz: You are welcome!
(12:28:25 AM) Manaz: Have we covered everything that you wanted to discuss?
(12:28:31 AM) james: yes

Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://answers.slingbox.com
Search for "http://answers.slingbox.com" on Bing
Refresh the page
Details
Report this issue

Privacy statement

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution
At slingplayer they say Roku removed it and at Roku say that slingplayer stopped the service. Are you lost or just cheating your customers?
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Slingplayer channel no longer supported

Jump to solution

I have been using my Slingbox with an iPad for nine years. Before I got my Roku, I connected my iPad to my TV with a cable. You need an (overpriced, Apple-only) iPad-to-HDMI adapter (Lightning to HDMI in my case) and a sufficiently long HDMI cable to reach the TV from the iPad. You use the iPad Slingplayer app as before, and the TV mirrors the iPad screen. (This setup mirrors any iPad app!) You might have to fiddle with the aspect ratio setting on your TV to get a full-screen display. I had to set my TV to "Full Zoom".

I was quite excited when I got a Roku and discovered the Slingplayer channel. I'm disappointed that I have to revert to the wired connection, but I can at least continue to view my Slingbox on my TV.

I don't have a similar wired solution for Android devices.