Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sameer
Level 7

Sling error 8-270

Jump to solution
Hello! I have been recieving an error on the sling app on the roku express where I can not view any live channnels I have subscribed to. Error number is 8-270
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sling error 8-270

Jump to solution
Thanks for the note here. 

This is something you'll want to contact Sling support for more help with. You can see their support article for this error code here: https://help.sling.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000220262-receiving-error-8-270-what-can-i-do...

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Jump to solution
Have you contacted Sling? It sounds like an error within their app.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Sameer
Level 7

Jump to solution
Yes, I did a live chat with them. And they said to do a couple of troubleshooting tips. But nothing has worked.
0 Kudos
Beebop1
Level 7

Jump to solution
I’m receiving the same error. Have you had any luck resolving the issue?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
Thanks for the note here. 

This is something you'll want to contact Sling support for more help with. You can see their support article for this error code here: https://help.sling.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000220262-receiving-error-8-270-what-can-i-do...

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Sameer
Level 7

Jump to solution
It is fixed but I have to uninstall and install sling, and also stay in the app only, for it to work. If I leave sling after just installing it and going to the channel for the first time, the error returns
0 Kudos
Thewildacot
Level 7

Jump to solution
What was the resolution? I have this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times with no success.
0 Kudos
Sameer
Level 7

Jump to solution
Once you uninstall Sling tv, you have to unplug power from roku and then replug in and start up sling
0 Kudos
GF
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’m getting this error too. I’ve contacted Sling and they said “it can’t be our product because you can still log in and watch sling on other apps. You need to contact Roku.” I call Roku and they say “You can get all the trouble shooting you need on Roku support.com” And they’ve got nothing. This is frustrating and I’m about ready to throw it all in the trash. Has anyone had any luck?  I’ve uninstalled, reinstalled, unplugged, replugged, restarted and none of it is working. This Sling error 8-270 is killin me! HELP

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@GF  Apologies for any confusion! Roku doesn't develop the Sling channel (app). Each channel on Roku is built and maintained by the service provider that offers the channel on our platform. Similar to the way apps are developed for mobile phones and made available in app stores.

If you aren't encountering this error in all other channels on your device, this would indicate that it's a channel-specific error code that the channel provider would need to investigate. Sling has documented their error code here: https://help.sling.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000220262-receiving-error-8-270-what-can-i-do...

I'd recommend following their recommended troubleshooting, and/or following up with their support team again if you aren't able to get the issue cleared up.

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos