Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2B

Sling error 2-500 (temporarily unavailable)

Jump to solution

New roku ultra. Sling error 2-500. All the other apps/channels work. Have tried multiple wired and unwired connections including mobile hotspot and restarts with fresh sling installs. Any ideas? Or is this service down?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sling error 2-500 (temporarily unavailable)

Jump to solution

@2B @Keverhard01 @jroz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need further assistance with that error code, you'll want to contact Sling support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling support here: https://help.sling.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000220319-general-troubleshooting

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
jroz

Jump to solution

Having the same problem here.  Just installed Sling on my Roku, and neither Sling or Roku will answer their phones.  Same exact error message.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am having the issue as well I did a online chat with a rep and they had no answers for me 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@2B @Keverhard01 @jroz 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you need further assistance with that error code, you'll want to contact Sling support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Sling support here: https://help.sling.com/en/support/solutions/articles/33000220319-general-troubleshooting

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
warrington

Jump to solution

I have a working account with Sling. The last two times I tried to watch NFL content, I get the 2-500 error code.

The ONLY reason I subscribe to Sling is to watch the NFL games they stream.

I have contacted Sling and get no response or solution.

I'm aware that I'm one of millions of subscribers, and they don't really care about my feedback.

So I would appreciate ROKU twisting their arm on this. Is there any way to talk with a human at ROKU?