Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T_J
Level 8

Re: Sling does not load

Jump to solution

remove the sling app, restart the Roku, then re-install sling app. good luck

I have two Rokus (2016 - Premiere Plus, 4630 // 2015 - Roku 2, 4210). I checked about 5 minutes ago and both are working perfectly with Sling TV.

0 Kudos
ConnieD
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had a response directing me to ‘clear the cache’.

I have a TCL ROKU TV.

The instructions were specific to that, and it worked.

Perhaps ROKU support has instructions how to ‘clear the cache’ for what you have.

I did have the paid service email and password Login match the ROkU email, not password, if it helps.

I did uninstall and reinstall the app after ‘clear the cache’.

If ROKU Support has nothing, look over suggestions online after Search terms ‘clear cache’ or ‘ROKU clear cache’ for example.

There is even YouTube video.

0 Kudos
nadimar
Level 7

Re: Sling does not load this happened after you update ROKU

Jump to solution

this happened after an update was issued on ROKU - now I have to restart the system 2 and even 3 times before I can get video on SLING. Put things back the way they were~~~ worked fine for over 3 years before that. We got Roku mainly for the CNN channel will have to find other way to get it and cancel the ROKU. 

0 Kudos
Castaa
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yep, clearing the Roku cache fixed the Sling TV app not loading with my Roku 3500X model.  Thank you.

Clearing the cache by doing these steps:

Make sure “Home” is selected from the main menu.

From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively: Press Home 5 times. Press Up. Press Rewind 2 times. Press Fast Forward 2 times.

It will take about 15-30 seconds to clear cache and restart.

0 Kudos
Cojaken
Level 8

Jump to solution

Removing, rebooting, and reinstalling worked for me, but to reboot you don’t just turn off then on. You’ve got to disconnect the TV from the power, then plug it back in!

0 Kudos
azmcfamily
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried removing Sling from my TCL TV, and then adding it back, but I got the same message that Sling could not be started.

#TCL32S3750-W

0 Kudos
Cojaken
Level 8

Jump to solution

I had this problem. Solved it by rebooting the TV. Not just turning it off and then on, but actually unplugging it to remove power momentarily.

0 Kudos
azmcfamily
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok.  Trying that now...

@Cojaken wrote:

I had this problem. Solved it by rebooting the TV. Not just turning it off and then on, but actually unplugging it to remove power momentarily.

0 Kudos
azmcfamily
Level 7

Jump to solution

YES!  Unplugging the TV did the trick.  I first removed Sling.  Turned off TCL TV, then restarted TV, added Sling, and it now works.  Thanks to @T_J 

@T_J wrote:

remove the sling app, restart the Roku, then re-install sling app. good luck

I have two Rokus (2016 - Premiere Plus, 4630 // 2015 - Roku 2, 4210). I checked about 5 minutes ago and both are working perfectly with Sling TV.

0 Kudos
LidiaR
Level 7

Jump to solution

Experiencing the same issue in my Roku

0 Kudos